Author Topic: A bit of a strange one...beading and rain spots.  (Read 3350 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: A bit of a strange one...beading and rain spots.
« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2011, 11:42 »
After a 'standard' bi weekly wash or what ever I normally smash some DJ red mist on it, this is like a spray sealant right? So when I put this onto my wax (DJ SNH) as a top up, it is then the 'spray' sealant that does that job right?

:huh:

If so would it be pointless in me even waxing my car in the first place?

I am soon to be getting some CG V7 as my RM is running out  :sad:
Hi mate, red mist is High in solvents so will degrade your wax over time so use it when your beading starts to drop off plus as you are using SNH you should see at least 6/8 months protection from it,

it does have sealant property's and you'll see around a month of protection out of it so you can use it as a stand alone lsp but durability isn't great if that's what you want from it, it's a great gloss enhancer though, red mist tropical has less solvents so is easier on application and kinder to the wax layer underneath.

Haven't used v7 personally but again a great gloss enhancer but again not high up in the durabilty stakes.

Cheers mate. Im rocking the RM tropical (oh it smells so good  :lipsrsealed:) I have noticed it beads like an absolute monster after the RM is applied, and hell it looks shiny  :cool:

I wouldn't say I'm after bags of durability, I'm pretty 'cool' as most weekend I wash my car if given the opportunity so loads of crap won't be building up! Also I'll prob clay my car quarterly just cause I can, so wax would be on for 4 months tops.

When I get the V7 I'll make sure to pass comment on here!