Author Topic: advice please  (Read 1053 times)

Offline FOREST GREEN

• I live here
advice please
« on: 19 January 2010, 21:51 »
Hi guys

I have been cleaning/polishing cars for years, and have had 'alright' results, but I would like to get a really nice mirror finish to my car. I have used Autoglym/Meguires/Mer etc, but I don't really know the correct process. I keep reading about 'wax' & Caranuaba etc. Money is a bit tight, I have around £50 to spend! Can you give me any pointers on products and exactly how to use them please. I have a 'Dark Green Metalic '96 MK3 8v'

Many thanks in advance  :embarassed:

Offline FOREST GREEN

• I live here
Re: advice please
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2010, 21:58 »
 :undecided: :undecided: Also, what a 'Clay Bar' that I keep hearing about? :undecided: :undecided:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: advice please
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2010, 09:16 »
take a look in the stickys at the top of the detailing section it should answer alot of your questions :wink:

in respect to your budget i'd suggest collinite 845 or 476 wax and an all in one polish and some good quality buffing towels and applicator pads :smiley: all can be purchased from waxamomo :wink: drop him a pm and he'll sort you with what you need to get started :grin: be warned though it wont end there you will get the bug and before you know it you'll have a massive armery of detailing gear :tongue: its an extremely addictive and expensive hobby. for me its a 15yr obbsession/job.

enjoy!!!!! :smug:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!