Author Topic: My WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt Review - NEW PRODUCT!  (Read 14981 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
My WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt Review - NEW PRODUCT!
« on: 19 September 2014, 08:01 »
For you fellow detailing geeks, thought I would share my review of a brilliant new lambswool wash mitt from WoWo. 

As a keen amateur I enjoy testing and comparing detailing stuff and have no qualms giving an honest review regardless of the reputation or cult following a product may have.  It's fair to say I'm pretty fussy about what I use on my car and  products have to earn their place in my detailing arsenal.

Background -
Back in June I was approached by Neil, aka Ginge35Edition, and asked to test some new detailing products. The products are from the WoWo range, a new detailing product company set up by Neil and his associate.

First off, Neil sent me a wash mitt to test.  I opted for the lambswool mitt with a thumb option (2nd from the left below) which is a very similar style to my usual mitt.

First impressions -
Promising.  Mitt was lambswool on both sides, a decent size, had good mid length pile, a tad shorter than the Dodo Juice Tribble mitt, and a nice deep cuff and appeared to be of very good quality and a well made item.  Neil explained they are made in the factory the produces UGG boots (unfortunately no freebie Uggs offered  :grin:)

Performance -
I set about doing my usual 2 bucket wash of the car using the WoWo mitt.  Firstly, I was astounded at how lightweight the mitt was when fully drenched with water.  By comparison my usual mitt feels very heavy and lumpy.  Quite often I have an aching wrist after washing, but not this time.  The weight (lack of) was a revelation.

Due to its light weight, it was simply a joy to use.  Coupled with a good shampoo, it saturated quickly, held the suds well and skimmed over the car effortlessly, lifting and holding dirt and left the car spotless.  My car hadn't been washed for 2 weeks and was pretty dirty, but I didn't need to go over any areas more than once.  Obviously a decent shampoo helps but mitt performance is equally important, and I couldn't fault it.

The pile is just right, dense enough to hold onto dirt and debris and take it away from the surface, but not so dense as to make in-between rinsing an effort as with some mitts.   It rinses very easily and quickly releases dirt when run over a grit guard. 

Afterwards I hand washed and rinsed the mitt carefully and it was dry inside and out in a fraction of the time of other mitts.  Particularly impressive was the how quickly it dried on the inside.  In my experience all other similar mitts I've used remain quite soggy inside, occasionally go slimy and can be difficult to fully dry without hardening over time.

Longevity -
I've now been using it for over 3 months of weekly washes and it's still like new, with no deterioration at all.  After each use it is washed out and rinsed as per wool and is still beautifully soft and supple and continues to impress.

After 3 months weekly use

Conclusion -
I initially thought it would be much the same as many other lambswool wash mitt.  But it's light weight, ease of use, especially the effortless rinsing and ease of aftercare set it apart from others and I can honestly say the WoWo mitt is a fantastic piece of detailing kit, is now my goto wash mitt.  I highly recommend it.

Thanks for reading  :smiley:

Rebecca
« Last Edit: 19 September 2014, 08:05 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Re: My WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt Review - NEW PRODUCT!
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2014, 10:31 »
Thanks Bec for the awesome reviews, you should think about taking this up professionally!

Hi All, so Booth has pretty much summed things up in her post. My brother and I had spent a lot of time thinking about how we could get into the detailing supply chain and had intended to go down the cleaning products route, but after various meetings it was decided that we would go down the accessories route and be a specific supplier for various bits and bobs.

The launch range will be fully available for the end of October but the wash mitts are in stock and should be available for sale via our website but primarily through on line resellers. The website should launch by the end of the month so we just wanted to gather some momentum, and to see what interest there is out there.

if you have any questions then drop me a PM or post it on the detailing section and I'll be sure to answer straight away.

I'd also like to thank JV for allowing us to become part of the forum!!!

Cheers

Neil aka Wo-Wo aka Ginge 35Edition
« Last Edit: 19 September 2014, 10:46 by Wo-Wo »

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2014, 10:51 »
One of the great things about the Wo-Wo Wash Mitt range is that they come in their own drying bag, which means that you no longer have to risk damaging your mitt when hanging it up to dry. Simply put it in the drying bag and find a hook to hang it on.

What do you think about the packaging?

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2014, 12:59 »
Would like to see what it's what it's like after a year or so.  Feel that is more the breaking point of wool wash mitts.

Good review.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2014, 13:30 »
Would like to see what it's what it's like after a year or so.  Feel that is more the breaking point of wool wash mitts.

Good review.

Fair point but wouldn't you normally change it more often than that anyway?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2014, 13:35 »
I have never had any mitt last a year.  I've had a few that struggled to last 6 months though. Suppose it depends on car washing frequency?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2014, 14:08 »
Its product reviews like this that help a fellow enthusiast like myself make a decision!

What is the likely cost of this wash mitt and when can I get one :)

If you can PM me details that would be great

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2014, 16:21 »
This is looking really impressive and great write up Rebecca! I particularly like the drying bag idea, that is a great selling point! I've never got on with wash mitts particularly as I have very sensitive skin on my hands and have to wear gloves to protect them during washing. Using a mitt just ends up with shampoo water inside my rubber gloves which isn't ideal. Any plans for a wash pad or similar?

Packaging looks great too. Very interested to see what other products you guys come out with.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2014, 16:26 by seabrook132 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2014, 16:25 »

Good review.

Fair point but wouldn't you normally change it more often than that anyway?

Yes I do thanks.   chill out man,  I only said what it's like coming up to a year lol  it's no big deal

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2014, 16:31 »
I have never had any mitt last a year.  I've had a few that struggled to last 6 months though. Suppose it depends on car washing frequency?

Would it not depend on how you look after the mitt?  It should be real wool mitts are skin on the inside, water + skin = rot = wool falling out??  Maybe I'm totally of on that.