Author Topic: 2.2 throttle body _ will i notice a difference  (Read 3621 times)

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
Re: 2.2 throttle body _ will i notice a difference
« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2005, 14:56 »
It's a smallish thread with an 8mm lock nut on the throttle housing which is usually painted/sealed yellow at the factory ( unless someone has adjusted it and painted it another colour )

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2005, 14:59 »
i think i have screwed it right in as it was running at 3000 thou at first, is there anything else i car do? or should i undo it?
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2005, 15:09 »
Sound like your referring to the Bronze idle screw which goes in at an angle of about 90 degrees at the back of the throttle body with a 7mm hex head on it .
Did you swap it with the 2.2 one ( which I believe has a slotted end to it ( for a screwdriver ) if so that maybe your problem as it may not go far enough in to slow the idle down enough  :undecided:

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 September 2005, 15:18 »
its the one it came with, should i try the normal one off the 1.8 one?
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2005, 15:26 »
Could do if it fits  :undecided: also ,make sure you haven't got any air leaks . With it running ( obviously ) spray some WD 40 or Duck oil around the gasket and see if it makes any difference to the idle speed :undecided:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2005, 15:49 »
will give it a try bud!  :smiley:

mix

« Reply #16 on: 04 September 2005, 11:36 »
Having swatted up on this sort of thing reading golf+ :huh:

According to them, when putting a throttle body on your engine, you have to choose one carefully, becuase if you put on that is of an engine that is fair bigger than your own, you can cause it to idle irratically......just a thought......

Or you could alsways "modify" the idle screw so that you can screw it on further :wink:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2005, 18:51 »
changed the screw over from my old t-body, now idels at about 1800/1900! oh well its faster so i guess i will have to live with it! not the end of the world!  :rolleyes:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2005, 11:50 »
just one more thing, what are the two little pipes coming off the back of the t-body near the idel screw? my 1.8 one only has one which fits to a small rubber pipe, my 2.2 one has two, i have put the rubber pipe on the one which is in the same place as the 1.8 but ther other one has nothing going to it? would this affect how the car runs???

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2005, 12:09 »
Try blocking it and see what happens. It's probably a breather but it could be letting in air which is causing your idel to up.

Nick