Author Topic: Fixed and almost completed project  (Read 5858 times)

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
Fixed and almost completed project
« on: 17 September 2003, 11:05 »
Right you lot, I have done the last repair to my Campaign in fixint the drivers seat tilt mechanism and repairing the bolsters with some original cloth. Looks pretty good if I dont say so myself.

Got a couple of little bits of trim on their way to me but there are just 3 things that I cannot get hold of for the life of me....

Handle for drivers seat tilt mechanism and plastic cover for drivers side bottom seat belt mount. Finally the cubby hole thing that goes where the stereo should be.

Cant locate any in scrappies, ebay etc. If anyone can help youd be helping to put a damn nice Campaign back to its former glory. You will be rewarded financially also. So get digging in your spares and help!!!!!!!

golfvr6

Re:Fixed and almost completed project
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2003, 11:40 »
Sorry i haven't got anything that old  ;)

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2003, 11:46 »

Gues not, you have a common car so you can get anything you need from Halfords!!!

golfvr6

« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2003, 11:47 »
Don't go there mate i go to VW  ::)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2003, 11:47 »
Almost certain I can help with the first 2. Ebay for the cubby hole.
Unfortunately the seat tilt knobs I have don't have the small metal cip in them hence they don't stay on. Might be able to do something to make them stay on.  :-\

Right you lot, I have done the last repair to my Campaign in fixint the drivers seat tilt mechanism and repairing the bolsters with some original cloth. Looks pretty good if I dont say so myself.

Got a couple of little bits of trim on their way to me but there are just 3 things that I cannot get hold of for the life of me....

Handle for drivers seat tilt mechanism and plastic cover for drivers side bottom seat belt mount. Finally the cubby hole thing that goes where the stereo should be.

Cant locate any in scrappies, ebay etc. If anyone can help youd be helping to put a damn nice Campaign back to its former glory. You will be rewarded financially also. So get digging in your spares and help!!!!!!!

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2003, 11:57 »

Hi Rich, yeah a glob of no more nails should secure the handle. If you have got those 2 parts id really appreciate if we can come to an arrangement. How much do you want for them??

P.s that is some deal getting that MK1. Was the guy clueless of what!!!!!!!

Golf VR6 - You shouldnt waste your money, I use Eurocarparts for my MK3. They are never going to be classics!!!!!  ;)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2003, 12:55 »
No he was a really nice guy that just didn't want the hassle and expense of getting rid of it. He appreciated getting his garage back and was pleased that the car went to a good home.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2003, 12:56 »
I'll have a look to see what I actually have, probably on Friday. Remind me if I don't get back to you.

Hi Rich, yeah a glob of no more nails should secure the handle. If you have got those 2 parts id really appreciate if we can come to an arrangement. How much do you want for them??

P.s that is some deal getting that MK1. Was the guy clueless of what!!!!!!!

Golf VR6 - You shouldnt waste your money, I use Eurocarparts for my MK3. They are never going to be classics!!!!!  ;)

golfvr6

« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2003, 13:09 »
VR6 is already a classic  :-* :-*

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2003, 13:33 »
VR6 is already a classic  

I thinkyou misheard whoever said that - they probably said "VR6 is Jurassic" - i.e. big, overweight, and likely to become extinct, like a dinosaur
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture