Author Topic: INFO REQUIRED ON ESW 616Y RED MK1 GTI GOLF 1983  (Read 6583 times)

Offline PAUL 964

• Not said much yet
Re: INFO REQUIRED ON ESW 616Y RED MK1 GTI GOLF 1983
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2011, 17:15 »
Yes I fully intend to as the car hasn't an Mot nor has it been used in a while. Disposable boiler suit and torch packed!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2011, 17:51 »
pics can lie! check it out underneath for rot throughly :wink:

Is that how you bought yours, via pictures? :wink:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2011, 17:55 »

haha no! i fully understood mine was a rot box before leaving  :grin: :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2011, 18:01 »

Good on ya!.... I really hope you get this sorted..  you'll be so proud of it when you do.  Then you can sell your VXR and spend all the cash on it!  :evil:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2011, 18:03 »

Good on ya!.... I really hope you get this sorted..  you'll be so proud of it when you do.  Then you can sell your VXR and spend all the cash on it!  :evil:

haha if i sold that i'd buy the mintiest mint mk1 :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2011, 18:13 »

haha if i sold that i'd buy the mintiest mint mk1 :cool:

No point, the one you already have could be with that sort of cash injection. :afro:

Offline PAUL 964

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 14 February 2011, 07:21 »
Well that was a wasted journey! The car isn't in my opinion as nice as the pictures / price suggests. There has been a fair bit of welding in the past. There is a hole and rot to the nearside sill, offside inner wing rusted into a hole, spare wheel well hole. There is silicon sealer on the top of the quarter panels below the roof rails for some reason. Broken nearside tail light. Rot on the slam panel with evidence of the VIN plate having been relocated for some reason. Passenger side door glass not matching remainer of glass in the car, and interior door handle missing. This is just a few of my observations.

Nice vendor though.  But a wasted journey. I imaged a car at strong money like this should be a lot better..

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #17 on: 14 February 2011, 08:34 »
Well that was a wasted journey! The car isn't in my opinion as nice as the pictures / price suggests. There has been a fair bit of welding in the past. There is a hole and rot to the nearside sill, offside inner wing rusted into a hole, spare wheel well hole. There is silicon sealer on the top of the quarter panels below the roof rails for some reason. Broken nearside tail light. Rot on the slam panel with evidence of the VIN plate having been relocated for some reason. Passenger side door glass not matching remainer of glass in the car, and interior door handle missing. This is just a few of my observations.

Nice vendor though.  But a wasted journey. I imaged a car at strong money like this should be a lot better..

That's a shame.... I would'nt mind the fact that it had some welding if it was well done as these are old now, however, the way you describe it makes it all sound a bit messy and for something that needs trailoring away it doesn't seem worth it.n  Keep looking, there's still a few good ones about, what's your max budget and what would you like ideally?

Offline Dubber4life

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 14 February 2011, 09:39 »
This was advertised on the classic car website about 4 months ago for £1800.Looks like someone bought it trying to make a quick buck!!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #19 on: 14 February 2011, 14:32 »
This was advertised on the classic car website about 4 months ago for £1800.Looks like someone bought it trying to make a quick buck!!!

Really?.... have seen that happen before and if that s the case he's trying to make quite a steep quick buck!