Author Topic: Mk3 Gt conversion, got some questions?  (Read 14400 times)

Offline dubdom

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk3 Gt conversion, got some questions?
« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2009, 15:15 »
Yeah I've got one, that's cool how would you suggest blocking them is there blanking plugs I should be using or just find something about rite size stick it in and put jubilee clip on it? Depends what aorta pressure it is I suppose.

Any idea about what wire off that plug I should be using.

Cheers

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #21 on: 20 October 2009, 16:20 »
length of pipe with something jubileed in to block it would be ok, provided you can get summat the right size for each hose.  other option is to get another of them metal pipes and have the fitting welded up :)

I'm not sure what the other 2 wires do, i see some wire tracing using those diagrams i sent in your future!
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline dubdom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2009, 17:34 »
Awesome cheers dude!

Offline dubdom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 October 2009, 21:38 »
rite more questions! sorry lol

Been up to scrappy and found this plug, which has the fuel pump wire (red/yellow) going into it, then a yellow connector, then coming out of it is two red/yellow wires, one big one small (diameter) so this is what the polo uses i assume, would cutting it in after fuse be the rite idea?

Sorrry if im being bit stupid havent had a chance to even have a look at mk1 for a while, so mite make sense tomorow, never know.

Cheers

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #24 on: 22 October 2009, 09:38 »
the big wire would be the one to use for the pump, i think the thin one might be power for the labda sensor or maybe the injectors. or it could be a seperate line to the lift pump i guess?  either way the main pump wants a chunky wire :)

Offline dubdom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 22 October 2009, 09:55 »
Sweet yeah this wire splitter thing was inside the car just after fusebox so it's deinatly for both pumps but I'm just trying to figure out where u should splice it in, after the fuse in that picture? Whatcha think? I'm going to do a couple of bits on it now so I'll have a look and a think.

Cheers

Dom

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #26 on: 22 October 2009, 10:49 »
deffo after the fuse, dont want it to set fire to the car loom if it rubs thru somewhere and shorts out eh ;)

Offline dubdom

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 04 November 2009, 08:47 »
more questions! any idea how you modify the gear linkage/inside gear stick turret so it will run with a 5 speed? i can get pics if that any help.

i have never changed/set up gear linkages either so how do you usually set it up, got it clamped on the shifting rod thing but i think it may be a bit to far back as it doesnt feel right. i can get 1 mayb 2 gears, maybe not even that as it just rocks the hole engine (havent tightened everything up yet)

cheers

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2009, 10:06 »
afaik you have to get under the car and do something to the bottom of the gearstick to allow you to move it over to where 5th should be, not done this myself so cant offer much more than that!  I assume there is some kind of stop you bend or chop off?

Offline gwill

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 21 February 2010, 10:37 »
have you managed to get the gearbox issues sorted yet? i fitted a polo mk3 5 speed into my mark 1 for the gearbox mounting i used a scirocco 1.8 mount which i turned u8pside down, not forgetting to turn the rubber inside to compensate and welded onto the mk1 4 speed mount, this worked perfectly. im afraid i haven't got any pics worth noting is you dont cut off anything from the scirocco or mk1 gti mount and only use the side pieces with the mounting holes of the mk1 mount.

with regards to the linkage i used the mk1 4 speed linkage and lever mated to the 5 speed link rod at the c clip. i had a lot of problems adjusting the lever to get 5th gear when i fitted this and if i got 5th i lost 1st. eventually i sorted this by making a jig to set this. you must ensure that the lever is completely central in the aperture with regards foward movement, and if memory serves me correctly  as i did this in 2003, 12mm from the left hand side im afraid it is trial and error, but im certain i made the jig from a guide somewhere on club gti.