Author Topic: Shed broken into & everything stolen, recommend me some new products!  (Read 3631 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Right then, shed was broken into last weekend....along with lawn mower, pressure washer & all my tools the tw@ts took all of my cleaning gear including my DAS6 :angry:

In the process of negotiating a settlement figure with my insurance company, it's looking like I'll have about £300 to spend restocking my detailing gear. I'll need the following:

- DAS6 (no need for pads)
- Shampoo
- Clay
- Quick Detailer
- A selection of polishes for the DA
- Glaze
- Wax
- Tar/bug remover
- Wheel Sealant
- Glass Cleaner
- Trim Cleaner
- Interior Cleaner
- Wheel Cleaner
- Brushes
- Wash Mitt
- A bag to keep it all in

Suggestions on a postcard please :smiley:

It's worth noting that I've still got drying towels/microfibre cloths/snow foam & lance.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Sorry to hear this mate, I'm sure the boys at Waxamomo will look after you. Have they caught who did it?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Sorry to hear this mate, I'm sure the boys at Waxamomo will look after you. Have they caught who did it?

Have they bollocks, the police didn't even come out. My house is on a new development that they are still working on so they tried to get into the containers where all the tools are kept. Failing that they tried to get into another house on the estate, when that failed the hit the gardens/sheds :angry:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Sorry to read this dude

Firstly get yourself a German shepherd, best security money can buy trust me ;)

Products wise:
Zaino wash mitts with the rubber insert glove rocks and are not expensive,

Vikan brushes all way.

Britemax interior cleaner for the money is bang on and dilutable,

Bilthamber fine clay, good product and water can be used as lube if you haven't got a dedicated,

Tardis for tar removel hands down, best bang for buck product as far as tar removel goes,

Britemax Grimeout is fantastic for a pre wash bug assassination.

Wax, take your pick mate there's so many and they all pretty much acheive the same results.

Blackmax is an awesome glaze, easy on/off and leaves a slick finish, cg's EZ creme is another gooden.

Polishes I'd suggest menzerna range for vag finishes, also consider carpro fixer which I'm using a lot atm,

Zaino z6 is a great value for money qd imo,

Shampoo, Britemax cleanmax is great value for money and works well, economical too and good for maintenance washes, for deep cleaning I'd suggest body detox by farrecla, great shampoo but not for maintenance imo, leaves no residue, no gloss enhancers, very squeaky clean paint afterwoulds.

Megs glass cleaner,(blue clear liquid that you dilute) great for cleaning and leaves a streak free finish.

Hope this helps anyway.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Cheers Dan :afro:

Just the kind of advice I was after. I'll list some of the products that were nicked, so you can see what I've experimented with:

- Lime Prime
- Chem guys citrus wash & gloss
- Collinite 476s
- Poorboys black hole
- Auto finesse citrus power
- dodo basics of bling
- bilberry wheel cleaner
- Menzerna final finish
- Menzerna power finish
- Chem guys orange degreaser
- dodo juice born slippy
- bilt hamber clay
- britemax restomax
- britemax perfect prep
- autoglym vinyl & rubber care
- halfords glass cutter/rain repellent

As you can see I've used a few of the products you suggested above :cool:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Really sorry to hear that mate and I don't want to jump in on this thread looking like i'm chasing your business, however when you do get paid out, give us a shout and i'll try and sort you out an extra special deal to try and make up for the little thieving .........

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Forget the halfords glass stuff. Carlack glass sealant is the one! Gives the glass a deep finish.

Britemax black gave a good finish and removed slight swirls but limeprime just has that edge over blackmax for me personaly.

That chem guys citris wax does remove some paint protection I found.

Dodojuice born slippy - waste of money. Get the bigger Autosmart re-glaze which you can dilute. Will outlast dodojuice.
http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/ecom-prodshow/asreglaze.html
« Last Edit: 12 December 2012, 13:46 by Mr Blue »
:)

MonkeyP

Was a bit bored at work so i thought i would have a look for you. lol

- DAS6  pro - machine from clean your car with the DW discount £100
- Shampoo – Bilt Hamber Auto Wash approx £8.99 from ECC
- Clay - Bilt Hamber Clay bar £10.99 from ECC
- Quick Detailer – DJ Basic of Bling £7.95 for 500ml or the concentrated 1L for £26.95 will make 10L Waxamomo
- A selection of polishes for the DA – Scholl s17+ £10.95 CYC. Lime Prime £12.95 250ml Waxamomo
- Glaze – SRP £11.95 for 500ml CYC
- Wax – panel pot of DJ £5.95 or £9.95 or the new Basic of Bling Protection Wax £16.95 Waxamomo
- Tar/bug remover – Tardis £22.95 Waxamomo
- Wheel Sealant - PB Wheel Sealant £12.95 Waxamomo
- Glass Cleaner - DJ Clearly menthol £7.95 for 500ml. £10.95 for 250ml concentrated to make 1L Waxamomo
- Trim Cleaner – APC Bilt Hamber Surdex HD £14.49 for 5L ECC
- Interior Cleaner – APC Bilt Hamber Surdex HD
- Wheel Cleaner – if they are sealed then u can get away with using the car shampoo
- Brushes – Viking brushes and the wheel woollies and a raceglaze detailing brush
- Wash Mitt – Halfords do a wash mitt that is identical to the BH one £7.99
- A bag to keep it all in – I would get a plastic box.

Hope that helps. might just be within your £300 budget.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Thanks for the recommendations guys :cool:

I'll know the settlement figure on Monday, then I'll be on a shopping spree :grin:

Really sorry to hear that mate and I don't want to jump in on this thread looking like i'm chasing your business, however when you do get paid out, give us a shout and i'll try and sort you out an extra special deal to try and make up for the little thieving .........

Cheers, I'll drop you a PM when I've got the cash :wink:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Payout confirmed at £280 and will be in my bank by Friday :cool: