Author Topic: Best companies for young drivers?  (Read 4905 times)

Offline fuse

• Just got here
Re: Best companies for young drivers?
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2007, 10:45 »
Hi all Im just about to turn 17 and really wanna get a golf....but wanting to be the envey of my mates (this sounds crazy) but I want a Mk2 Gti, anyone got any ideas on the insurance I would be looking at, and the best places to look for it, because of the engine size I have already checked out on insurance company (swift) and they gave me a quote of £4600 for 3rd party...and well I havent got the sort money, any help?

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2007, 11:14 »
Without trying to sound like and old man and a killjoy your better off getting something smaller for 1 year then getting a GTi. Insurance for young drivers is bad enough, let alone being 17 AND driving a GTi all be it MK2.

Sorry its probably not what you want to hear.

Offline fuse

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2007, 11:40 »
no thats fair enough I was just trying to fins out if there is any way possible of be getting one but I think your right

TeddyKGB

« Reply #13 on: 17 June 2007, 22:38 »
No chance of going on one of your rents insurance for a year or 2?

Offline Barnzyuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2007, 11:35 »
i'd have to augree with everyone and say try bell! they were a couple of hundred quid cheaper than anyone else for me. The other one id suggest trying is Victor C Knight, insured me when i was 17 and there premiums were very reasonable!

The Steak 5.0

Offline sam_16v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2007, 21:15 »
i get 860 quid for a mk2 valver at quinn direct and i can drive other cars 3rd party, looking at a mk1 2.0 16v carbed track car with lots of bits. insurance could be interesting

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2007, 20:33 »
The best quotes i got from major places were. Prudential and churchill. Everything else was just crap.
Diesel power all the way

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 05 July 2007, 01:29 »
Hi all Im just about to turn 17 and really wanna get a golf....but wanting to be the envey of my mates (this sounds crazy) but I want a Mk2 Gti, anyone got any ideas on the insurance I would be looking at, and the best places to look for it, because of the engine size I have already checked out on insurance company (swift) and they gave me a quote of £4600 for 3rd party...and well I havent got the sort money, any help?
ID GIVE UP NOW WAit till your at least 19 to get a gti, will still b eloads but you will have no claims and driving experince, still i expect admiral will beat anyone at your age im stil with them,  try endsleigh there good for new drivers

Offline aaronmk2

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2007, 18:28 »
im 19 with 1 ncb does anyone know a good insurance company that will insure me in my 8v gti mk2
if so what sort of quotes did anyone get

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2007, 19:01 »
well kwik fit offered me £2500 a year at 22 with 2 years no claims so guess they variy a lot,
id try endlsliegh there very cheap for young drivers there good also im with admiral, but churchill might be good but may be too young to get a good quote with them