Author Topic: Best companies for young drivers?  (Read 4902 times)

Offline WutangRZA

• Not said much yet
Best companies for young drivers?
« on: 31 May 2007, 16:37 »
I was insured for 550 on my 1 litre 2001 vauxhall corsa last year, but got my golf a few months back, MKIV only a 1.6 litre engine, 53 plate, cost me 1000 insurance on my mums name with Tesco, im 18 and have one years no claims, was just wondering what other companies young drivers have found to be quite decent! Live in Stockport btw heh :)

Offline vanders

• Not said much yet
Re: Best companies for young drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2007, 11:14 »
best I found for my son was Norwich Union - they seem to accelerate NCD rapidly, eg his recent renewal went from £680 a year ago, at 19, to £550 this year at 20.   That's only for a Mazda 2 though, (1.25).

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2007, 00:47 »
Admiral/Elephant/Bell

All the same company but different prices!  :sad:  Oh, and with Bell you can add a drive any car 3rd party feature for around 30 quid extra.

sharpie

« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2007, 00:49 »
Admiral/Elephant/Bell

All the same company but different prices!  :sad:  Oh, and with Bell you can add a drive any car 3rd party feature for around 30 quid extra.

absolutely, bell are good if you have no NCB but if you get quotes for em all you can play them off each other  :wink:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2007, 14:05 »
Kwik Fit gave me the best price, I'm 20.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2007, 23:56 »
as Sharpie said just try loads as most often have a certain amount of flexibility to beat other quotes.

avoid bonus accelerator policies, they are hassle in the long run as only that company will garantee to accept the no claims, check out some of the other topics, i explained it in more detail in one.

best of luck

Martin  :smiley:

Offline WutangRZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2007, 03:00 »
thx for the replies heh!

Offline nexman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2007, 17:11 »
an irish company Quinn direct gave me and my rates the best rates nice ppl to

Offline Tom H

• Here all the time
  • Previously board-stupid! :D
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2007, 09:52 »
When me and my friends started driving we all were all the same age, with roughly the same driving experience, living quite close together and with similar cars (typical first cars, small engined hatched backs) and a company that would give one of us a great quote would be terrible for the others!

So my advice would be shop around and try a few places, 'cos a company that's cheap for someone else might turn out expensive for you, and visa versa.

TeddyKGB

« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2007, 22:59 »
yes it's an absoloute ball ache but shop around. My insurance varied from £800 to £7000 (I shit you not). Bell were the cheapest in the end and you will find that *some* insurance companies will take the 10 months accellerator as 1yr no claims but most will not.