Author Topic: Looks like I might be making a GTi soon LOL!  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Looks like I might be making a GTi soon LOL!
« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2009, 19:23 »
Lol - gotta love the retardedness of insurance companies!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Looks like I won't be getting a GTi anytime soon LOL!
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2009, 20:59 »
This must be some sort of sick joke, they want £2K for the year if I change to a MK3 GTi 8v, but I just did what Wayne said and requested a quote for an engine change (2.0 8v). Guess how much they want?

Only £127!!!! WTF??!!! LOL!

I mentioned to them I'd upgrade the brakes and exhaust system along with the engine and all they want is £127!???! LMFAO! Looks like I might be in a GTi 8v sooner than I thought  :lipsrsealed:

Great result, will be easy enough to sort out.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #22 on: 18 September 2009, 00:27 »
Well as soon as my financial situation has gone, I'll be getting this on the roll hopefully nearer the end of October. :)

Offline warnesey333

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 18 September 2009, 09:23 »
Just make sure engine swap isn't going to cost more than selling GL, buying a GTi and insuring :P cos that wud suck :P

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #24 on: 18 September 2009, 10:53 »
Just make sure engine swap isn't going to cost more than selling GL, buying a GTi and insuring :P cos that wud suck :P

That would be impossible lol!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 18 September 2009, 13:07 »
And if I kept my car and did what I was going to you could of had my engine! You never know the sale could fall.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2009, 13:08 »
And if I kept my car and did what I was going to you could of had my engine! You never know the sale could fall.

Let's face it Adam, it's not going to fall, and your parents want the car gone right? LOL!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2009, 13:12 »

Let's face it Adam, it's not going to fall, and your parents want the car gone right? LOL!

I cant keep it down here in Bournemouth on the street. Parents came round to the fact It might stay there while I worked on it but I sold it.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2009, 16:34 »
This must be some sort of sick joke, they want £2K for the year if I change to a MK3 GTi 8v, but I just did what Wayne said and requested a quote for an engine change (2.0 8v). Guess how much they want?

I mentioned to them I'd upgrade the brakes and exhaust system along with the engine and all they want is £127!???! LMFAO! Looks like I might be in a GTi 8v sooner than I thought  :lipsrsealed:

have you got that in black n white off them yet, - cos i would before i did ANYTHING

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2009, 16:35 »

have you got that in black n white off them yet, - cos i would before i did ANYTHING

Technically yes as they emailed me the additional premium in the same type of document they have done everything else to me. :)