Author Topic: Am I screwed ??  (Read 5134 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Am I screwed ??
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2009, 15:37 »
. . . . . . . :shocked:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2009, 17:15 »
Madness

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2009, 18:49 »
Fair play if you can afford it !

Seem's like a fair bit of jealousy circling this thread at the moment TBH!

its not jealousy at all

first off.. having a brand new GTi as a first car is stupid... the reason the insurance premiums are sky high is because the insurance candidate in question hasn't even reached his 20th birthday.. highest risk group, male, wanting to impress the chicks... prime candidate for a hospital bed - i don't need to go on

financially... if the money is his then I don't envy his financial decision making at all...  if the money isn't then someone else has more money than sense. either way, the way that you are being so blasé about this is laughable.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2009, 18:54 »
cancelling this car is not an option its my dream car if i have to pay 4k for insurance so be it. can anyone reccomend any insurance campanies sabre is the best quote i have had

you obviously have far more money than sense  :smiley:
probably, but you only live once, live it to the max, some are more lucky than others, but maybe this guy worked his ar$e off. Best of luck finding insurance mate, it WILL be hard and it WILL be expensive, but it will be worth it  :cool:

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2009, 19:06 »
Were you reffering to me being blasé?

If so your right, I don't care what he buy's. I don't think people telling him don't do it, you must be mad etc is going to make a monkey's differance considering the car is already ordered? All the lad want's is an idea of where to find insurance for it?

If I was in his position would I do it? Probably when I was 19 yes!

Now looking back though it seems a stupid idea, but life's full of mistakes as we all know!

If you weren't refering to me, then ignore the above!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Where abouts to you live too, as I just got a quote through comparethemeerkat.com for £2990 with the same details as yours but for my area.

Sam  :smiley:

Sam
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2009, 19:21 »
Were you reffering to me being blasé?

in short. no. i was referring to the op and his apparent disregard to the value of money.

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2009, 19:27 »
i live in sheffield sam and to the guy above who says its my first car i already own a mk5 golf gt tdi 170 and im insured on my dads c63 amg mercedez so if ive been driving those for 2 years and have never had an accident u would think they would consider my individual circumstances and insure me

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2009, 23:46 »
Try elephant mate, thats who ive got my MK4 GTI 2.0L with, its £1500 fuly comp with both parents on and ive got 1yearsno claims

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2009, 23:46 »
i live in sheffield sam and to the guy above who says its my first car i already own a mk5 golf gt tdi 170 and im insured on my dads c63 amg mercedez so if ive been driving those for 2 years and have never had an accident u would think they would consider my individual circumstances and insure me

whats your job i wanna get it youre proffesion! sounds like your raking it in  :grin:

Dan

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #29 on: 20 June 2009, 07:42 »
Isn't this the exact same as the other thread in the mk6 section ? I think so. Locky, locky, locked, locked.

Thread here if anyone is really that interested. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=120241.0
......now officially dubless.