Author Topic: Coilover or Springs.  (Read 15735 times)

Offline s-l-i-x

• I live here
  • Golf MK4 1.8T AGU
Re: Coilover or Springs.
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2011, 23:50 »
Adjustable drop links are longer than the standard ones and do naff all.... They need to be shorter to make the loop of the ARB clear the driveshaft better. You will see when you get them. They need to be cut shorter.

Seems a bit stupid really that they are longer at their shortest setting, and I thought they would need to be longer, in fact its the opposite  :huh: Loads of people have this problem if you search on google  :undecided:

jockgti

« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2011, 13:35 »
ok cheers i'll check when they get here

jockgti

« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2011, 21:58 »
whats the length of standard ones? the ones i ordered are 11.5-17cm,with no knowledge at all of mechanics i'm assuming you don't make them longer so the ARB goes under the driveshaft? i'm not even sure if thats possible so excuse my ignorance lol

jockgti

« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2011, 22:38 »
"Once you have done that,the next problem would be your wheel/tyre rubbing against the adjusting rings on the coilover(depending on the wheel offset),to cure this you need 3-5mm wheel spacers.I also recommend you buy longer wheel bolts when you fit any spacer."

front,rear or both? i'm sending back the drop links as i've not read one person saying they've used them without hassle,ordering new arb instead