Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437822 times)

Offline fecked_tt

• Not said much yet
  • 4wdftfw
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1670 on: 08 November 2010, 15:29 »
f**k me there's a fair whack changed since i last seen this!
a4 2.8 30v v6 quattro gets me vag

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1671 on: 08 November 2010, 16:06 »
f**k me there's a fair whack changed since i last seen this!

:D its certainly changed a lot!

Another update: started to fit my leccy window stuff, only thing missing is the drivers door switches, which I need to collect. Passenger side is fitted and working, just need to whack in the drivers side tonight and get ahold of that switch asap!

:)

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1672 on: 08 November 2010, 19:06 »
done the flyeye tints yet LL?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1673 on: 08 November 2010, 19:16 »
done the flyeye tints yet LL?

I did them properly tonight, wrapped the Hella quads. The inside ones are black Flyeye and the outers are yellow tint. Looks fantastic IMO LOL. Bit tricky as the light are round, so had to cut it a few times to wrap it around the edges.

Electric windows are fitted now, just need to collect the drivers door switches and handle surround to finish it off. Passenger window works, so that's a good sign! :D

Tyres arrived too, so need to get them fitted and get the car aligned. Then I need to:

- Bash the arches out
- Sort the f**ked arch
- New windscreen
- Sort misfire on boost

All getting done for the MOT in the New Year :)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1674 on: 08 November 2010, 20:36 »
Looks miles better now mate, LOVE the pink on them rims with the blue, really works for me does that  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1675 on: 08 November 2010, 20:56 »
flyeye pics  :wink:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1676 on: 08 November 2010, 21:01 »
Pic's to follow Chris :)

Thanks Brad, I'm quite happy with now. We'll see how I get on with the polish, might re-do the wheels after winter, I don't have the discipline for polishing them in the summer, let alone winter :D

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1677 on: 11 November 2010, 14:44 »
Car is looking sweet and sounding even better! Would happily swap my VR6 noise for that!  :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1678 on: 14 November 2010, 19:06 »
Cheers Jamie, should have back on the road properly soon, so will grab a decent video then :)

Tried to get it aligned this week and hit a problem. The steering arms are constantly sat on the ARB. So when I drive and steer, it throws the alignment out everytime. I reckon it must lift the car when I turn!

The ARB is fitted with the droplinks above the subframe. I'm sure the drop links are meant to sit below the subframe? Hint is in the name I guess :D

Either way, I have to get the ARB and droplinks sat below the subframe so I get it aligned. Should feel like a different car!

Pics of the new headlight tint and flyeye:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1679 on: 14 November 2010, 19:11 »
Cheers Jamie, should have back on the road properly soon, so will grab a decent video then :)

Tried to get it aligned this week and hit a problem. The steering arms are constantly sat on the ARB. So when I drive and steer, it throws the alignment out everytime. I reckon it must lift the car when I turn!

The ARB is fitted with the droplinks above the subframe. I'm sure the drop links are meant to sit below the subframe? Hint is in the name I guess :D

Either way, I have to get the ARB and droplinks sat below the subframe so I get it aligned. Should feel like a different car!

Pics of the new headlight tint and flyeye:

Looking good :afro:

With those flyeye tints is the film darker than the normal tint that your selling?