Author Topic: So after the golf went a few weeks ago ive purchased this as the new daily :D  (Read 8788 times)

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
Really miss the golf and i think i will return again soon with a project :D

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
nice replacement for the golf  :smiley: fuel cost on them is crazy

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
evo 8, is it an FQ sort of thing?  :drool:

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Is the service interval on the 8 as bad as on the 9? And which model is it?

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Gavv8

Rapid piece of kit but don't they need servicing every 20 yards or something like that.... :wink:

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
It's like every 3000 miles isn't it? Lovely car though. I want to get something Leary like that but the mrs isn't keen!

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
6000 or 6 months. And at minimum of £350 per service they ain't cheap to run. The new 10 is more refined as quick, and long life servicing (kind of)

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
evo 8, is it an FQ sort of thing?  :drool:

Its an fq 300 uk model its all up together service wise and it will need oil changes every 4k which is fine i know a chap at my local mitsubishi garage and can get a normal service for £200  :smiley: fuel wise it does about 260 to a full tank which is about £70 thats with the foot being generous and a little play so not to bad  :smiley:

Took it on holiday this weekend 2 kids in the back and the boot full didn't miss a beat been very good on fuel tbh. needles just about over half tank still and thats done 170 miles so far driving sensible so might get more out of this tank  :smiley:

All i can say about these cars at the mo is just WOW however i do miss my golf and i think a project golf is in order next year  :smiley:  cheers guys

Mike

Gavv8

Is it tricky to service yourself or more important to have the stamps for re-sale?

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
Is it tricky to service yourself or more important to have the stamps for re-sale?

most things are no harder to do than on my old golf only thing it needs to go to a garage is to have the ayc system and rear diff plugged into a machine to change the oils so i cant do that  :sad: I will do my own oil and filter changes on the drive as i've done with all my cars  :smiley: I will get main services stamped for sure. I'm hoping to have it for a good 5 years so will want it all kept up to date. cheers

Mike