Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789601 times)

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #760 on: 14 March 2015, 01:05 »
Guys,

I had the dealer tech look at my MK7 for my issue with headlights (when I flash to pass while the lowbeams are off, they turn on as lowbeams and the shutters don't raise to make them highbeams).

He said it's perfectly normal and working as designed; he said it's in the manual (I have yet to check that).

I was a little disappointed, however they offered to fix for free the rattle I had in my right passenger door with dynaudio at 80hz; they'll take the door apart, put some foam padding and reinforce the plastic solders. Pretty cool of them.

Meanwhile, I've got back to coding, I've made my flash-to-pass turn off my DRL and turn on my fogs too, it's more obvious that I flash now. I'll still look into raising those shutters, though :)

BOFH: You have highlighted one of my pet hates; Dealers who are disrespectful to their customers by telling them untruths! Clearly the (non) operation of the shutters on you car is not working correctly and I believe that your dealer is not being honest.

I would seriously doubt that you will find that your manual supports what the dealer asserts.

Anyhow, I was intrigued by your inability to be able to code the two fault channels in the two  SHUTTER Leuchte channel-sets, so I had a bit of a look at the admap that you posted-up. Thankyou for providing the information.

I've posted a copy of my analysis on the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc02w6zgyvi9o79/BOLF_Leuchte.xlsx?dl=0

I've extracted the 665x Leuchte channels from my database and eliminated those vehicles that have halogen lights and I've also added the Leuchte channels settings from your vehicle.
There are two worksheets in my workbook;
     The first of these worksheets (called "Leuchte channels") is the raw data
     The second worksheet (called "fault channels") looks only at the two Leuchte channels in parenthesis (2) and (3). These are the channels that you couldn't set on your car for the two SHUTTERs.

For the "Fault channels" worksheet, when I compared the entries in your car with the other vehicles in my database, I found odd settings in the following two channels

• (2) -Leuchte 26NSL LA72-Lampendefektbitposition 26 -the setting in your car was 0C but the setting in the other cars was 1C
  • (3)-Leuchte 26NSL LA72-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 26 - the setting in your car was 2E, but the setting in the other cars was 2F

This Leuchte channel set is labelled "Fog-Light Rear Left-inside (Rear Lights)" on my spreadsheet, but in reality, this circuit supplies both left and right fog-lights on the tail-light assemblies on a ROW model (these lamp positions are not populated on NAR vehicles). I've checked the wiring diagram for this circuit  and a single wire leaves PIN72 of the "A" socket on the BCM which terminates in a connector in the hatch-lid. From this connector, two wires supply each of the left and right fog-light, lamp bases.

All of the other settings in the Leuchte 26NSL LA72 channels-set look OK except for the two above. I'm not sure why these are different , and I'm also not sure if this difference affects the allowable values in the SHUTTER channels. - Is it possible that you altered the settings in the rear fog-light channels?

Anyhow, you sound like you are comfortable living with the "incorrectly" operating shutters, but I thought that I would bring this matter to your attention.
Cheers
Don

« Last Edit: 14 March 2015, 01:28 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline BOFH

• Just got here
« Reply #761 on: 14 March 2015, 18:13 »
Don, thanks again for taking the time to look into this so deeply! I've downloaded your document, looks great. My "lampendefektbitposition" 37 and 41 aren't assigned anywhere else either, like your document shows.

I haven't changed the settings of the rear-fogs, so I can't explain why they have different fault detection addresses than the others...

I'm not even sure I'll ever manage to actually change the "lampendefektbitposition" and "DTC-DFCC" channels, since I keep having that "please enter an hexadecimal (00-FF) byte" error, which looks like a bug from VCDS, since clearly I am entering an hexa byte.

I'll try again tomorrow, and I'll bring back the manual to infirm what they said regarding the shutters.

I'll also register to a french forum (France is just next to Belgium, so might be the same kind of configs) to ask the question whether their shutters rise or not :) If I get the confirmation that other people with xenon 2014 TDI's in France don't have the same issue and the manual doesn't say anything, i'll go insist that the dealer figures it out :)

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #762 on: 16 March 2015, 23:28 »
Another useful coding for Keyless cars: Automatic doors lock when leaving the car with key fob in your pocket. Useful if you forget to lock the car but have your key with you.

1) Select 05 Acc/Start Auth.
2) Select Coding - 07
3) Select Byte 2
4) Activate Bit 4

It's worth to mention that when using this option, the automatic mirrors fold is not working and also it would seem that some on the german forum have noticed the fuel flap is not locking either.

Haven't tried it yet but will do as soon as I have some time.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #763 on: 17 March 2015, 09:02 »
Another useful coding for Keyless cars: Automatic doors lock when leaving the car with key fob in your pocket. Useful if you forget to lock the car but have your key with you.

2) Select Coding - 07
3) Select Byte 2
4) Activate Bit 4

It's worth to mention that when using this option, the automatic mirrors fold is not working and also it would seem that some on the german forum have noticed the fuel flap is not locking either.

Haven't tried it yet but will do as soon as I have some time.

brilliant find mate, well done! I'm quite guilty of coming down in the morning to find my car unlocked all night, so this should do wonders!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #764 on: 17 March 2015, 18:48 »
Right, I gave it a go today so this is a quick update. The coding is:

2) Select Coding - 07
3) Select Byte 2
4) Activate Bit 4 Locking for door slamming active

The default coding value is 030C0C and the new one is 030C1C

Good news: the coding works, the doors lock themselves if I leave the car with the fob in my pocket.

Bad news:

1) The doors lock themselves automatically as soon as they are shut.
2) The mirrors don't fold automatically.
3) The fuel flap doesn't lock.

Observations:
1) The doors lock as soon as I shut them. I don't even get a chance to touch the door handle anymore.
2) It would've been useful to be able to configure the auto-lock. For example to have some sort of delay between closing the door and locking or to lock the car when the fob gets out of range. It is assumed that this is a feature for those who forget to lock the car, but you can't even try to lock it manually.
3) To fold the mirrors you have to touch the handle as normal after the automatic lock activates.
5) If a window is opened, it will remain opened as it does with the normal manual locking.
4) Not sure if the alarm activates, still needs to be tested. The red led in the drivers door flashes as normal though but that's for the electronic immobilizer.

So far I am not that excited about this anymore, the main reason being that it doesn't give me a chance to lock the car myself. This is a big inconvenient for me because when I get to the office or back home, I get out of the car, shut the drivers door then open the rear door to grab my blazer. With this feature activated, as soon as I would shut the drivers door, the car would lock, so I would need to manually unlock it to get my blazer from the back seat then lock it again.

LE: For the moment I have disabled the automatic lock. Out of curiosity I've had a look at the Adaptation channels and there are loads for Kessy so probably one of them can configure the automatic lock.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2015, 19:11 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #765 on: 18 March 2015, 18:30 »
Hi Guys

I've been a member on the golfmk7 forum for some time now.

I have a Golf GT and retrofitted the LED lights but have been struggling to get the inner LEDS to stay on as part of the coming home lights.

Finally cracked it tonight so thought I would share the coding.

I forgot to take note of the actual words but you get the idea;

Go to Central Electronics

Security Access - 31347

Adaptation - 10

Go to leuchte23sl hlc10 - funktion D

Set to parklicht link (parking light left)

leuchte23sl hlc10 dimmwert

Set to 28 (same as the outer lights)

Go to leuchte24sl hra65 - funktion D

Set to parkling light right (parking light right)

leuchte24sl hra65 dimmwert

Set to 28 (same as the outer lights)
2013 GT TDI DSG : Black : 18in Santiago Reps : Golf R Mirrors : Golf R Spoiler : LED Rear lights : GTD Sideskirts : DTUK CRD-T

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #766 on: 18 March 2015, 18:34 »
Now a request from me  :grin:

I have the halogen DRLS (H15) and have some LED CREE bulbs to replace these.

They work fine in Daytime mode, including flashing but when I have dipped beam on and use the flasher or main beam it throws a bulb out error reporting to check the left and right dipped bulb......which are fine. It then leaves the DRL bulb on with the dipped beam until I clear the fault through the VCDS.

I've been trying to recode them so it doesn't throw up an error based on what you do when installing the LED number plate lights but this hasn't worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I know the light output on the LED CREE are pretty poor and are not great for the high beam so once I get bulb out error sorted my plan is to code it so the fogs come on with the high beam too.
2013 GT TDI DSG : Black : 18in Santiago Reps : Golf R Mirrors : Golf R Spoiler : LED Rear lights : GTD Sideskirts : DTUK CRD-T

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #767 on: 18 March 2015, 20:12 »
The halogens can't be coded to be LEDs - because they aren't.

Osram now do a "Xenon" H15 bulb, I'd put that in and take the CREE out. They are pretty sh!t... poor light and you probably end up dazzling people.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #768 on: 18 March 2015, 20:38 »
GeoBog: Sorry to learn of your difficulties! The two settings that I gave you would normally suffice for tear wipe .

Also, given that I'm a newbie here I apologise for monopolising this tread - this certainly wasn't  my intention. I came here primarily to learn from others (and to help where I can)

OK - don't take this the wrong way, but I always have trouble answering requests for additional information because of the wide ranging dependencies for correct operation of the adaptation channels in the BCM.

The control module at address 09 really is quite a sophisticated beast, and at last count the BCM in the mk7 has 2,316 different adaptation channels that it manages (in general, the BCM makes up about 43% of all the adaptation channels in the mk7).

So, assuming that there isn't a hardware failure anywhere in your car, the only other suggestion that I can make is that you check the complete suite of adaptation channels that control the operation of the two wipers.

I've included below a table of the correct default settings for the front and rear wiper. As I don't know what particular part numbers you have in your car, I've taken a guess at which channels are relevant for your vehicle. Your car may not have the greyed-out cells - don't worry if some channels are missing. But if the channels are there, then they must have the settings indicated

And a final word of caution which you probably already know (but it's worth reinforcing) - please notate any change that you make in case you need to revert the setting. I've found from bitter experience that it's not good practice to rely entirely on the data in the CodingLog.txt file in RT's software when tweaks go-pear-shaped. Whilst the value of this file should not be under-estimated, it only records the setting change request when the Do it! tab is pressed. It does not record a failed change request, so the file can be confusing

Good luck - and please share any findings with the rest of us (it's how we learn)

That's exactly the same options I have activated but still no luck. I have had a look on the skoda forum as well and it would seem that the two adaptation channels don't resolve the issue. It would seem that there is a long coding needed as well on the washer/wiper module but unfortunately the bit descriptors are missing on my car so I can't really tell which bit I need to activate. I am still looking for a solution.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #769 on: 19 March 2015, 08:10 »
hmmmm...... my original number plate lights weren't LED, I swapped them for the OEM LED ones and managed to recode them as LEDs..................why is different for the halogen DRLs.

itavaltalainen - have you got the Osram H15 Xenon bulbs? I originally had some of these (perhaps not the Osram ones) in my car when I first got it, they DRL bulb has a much improved look but the high beam was useless, would just project a short bluey light.

« Last Edit: 19 March 2015, 08:40 by adamgroves »