Author Topic: Golf GTI 2019 pops and bangs?  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI 2019 pops and bangs?
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2019, 14:48 »
Our MK7 manual pops when the traction control cuts in for some reason, we have res delete :whistle:

Yeah, mine does that as well  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2019, 14:52 »
The childish pops and bangs have been mapped out so no newer golf will do it. The only way to have them is to remap the car and get the tuner to add a map back in.
Glad I'm not the only GTI  7.5 that thinks the pops and bangs are childish.....glad my 2019 hasn't got such rubbish.

Hi, I have a 2019 Golf GTI manual. I’ve had a Remus back box delete.
I was told it wouldn’t pop due to the new ppf.

Has anyone managed to get there’s to pop?

Welcome to the old folk’s home :grin: it’s possible to map the pops in on over-run but not sure about on gear change.

:grin:

It's good to have some noise from the exhaust. The Mk7 GTI sounds completely dull in stock form, with the exception of the CS versions. Ideally should be switchable so you can have some more noise when you or if you want it.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2019, 14:59 »
I don't mind a bit of noise but the pops and bangs are just silly, although saying that I love the i30N and that has rev matching and crackles  :grin: :grin:
I had the centre resonator replaced on mine under warranty and every since my exhaust has a nice little low down burble type noise 🤷‍♂️
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2019, 15:16 »
I wouldn't want them to be ridiculous, but it's performance hatch so should sound like one. For me, the CS40 has it perfect - well it did in this review so assume that's how they all sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVJxiI3kQQk&t=247s

My sounds good, especially as the 7.5 P has a deeper exhaust noise now anyway. Get a few burbles and pops when cold. But more CS like would be even better. I can live without the DSG fart/bang though to be fair.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2019, 19:53 »
I wouldn't want them to be ridiculous, but it's performance hatch so should sound like one. For me, the CS40 has it perfect - well it did in this review so assume that's how they all sound?

My sounds good, especially as the 7.5 P has a deeper exhaust noise now anyway. Get a few burbles and pops when cold. But more CS like would be even better. I can live without the DSG fart/bang though to be fair.

Unfortunately mine doesn't sound like that as standard Jim, it does still burble on overrun in sport mode but I think it's more subtle than the pops here. It did sound like the video when I had the Remus backbox delete though!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2019, 14:50 »

From the inside it sounds like that CS has the Soundaktor turned up.
Mines a manual so no DSG parps but I don’t think it has any overrun noises like that one either. Never noticed any crackles or pops.
Maybe I just drive like an old fart myself!

It would be quite nice if there was a switchable option like on a Mini JCW sports exhaust where you could have the option of childish pops and crackles for when in the mood. My rural commute at 4:30am would be perfect for that!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner