Author Topic: Monza Shadow 18" Wheels  (Read 5990 times)

Offline OzzieGTI

• Just got here
Monza Shadow 18" Wheels
« on: 11 January 2023, 17:32 »
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and just bought a 2012 Mk6 GTI but it has the 17" Monza wheels which I'm not a fan of. I am a bit of a purist and currently shopping around for a full set of 18" Monza Shadows (Diamond Cut). Not massively bothered by the condition as I plan on having them all refurbed.

Anyone selling or know of anyone selling a set?

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Monza Shadow 18" Wheels
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2023, 09:42 »
They really make a difference to the look of the car so worth it in my opinion. Lots have been powder coated due to white worm. Seen some on ebay but need to see them to make sure they can be refurbished.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2023, 18:00 »
Would also suggest if you do see any second hand that have been refurbished in the past. You ask the seller how many diamond cut refurbishments they've had.  As from my experience I was advised that they can generally only be re-cut twice.

Hence mine are now powder coated.
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2023, 20:15 »
I've just bought a set of Revo RF018 wheels for my GTI, so my original 18" Monza Shadows will be up for sale soon. They are suffering awfully with corrosion and peeling lacquer now, but could be an option if you don't mind refurbing. They have previously been refurbished once when I first bought the car 9 years ago.

In Cambs if you're anywhere close.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive