Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287326 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3910 on: 13 April 2013, 09:12 »
how smug was lewis at the post qualy press conference  :grin:

and good old kimi, - non compliance with his race suit down :afro:

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #3911 on: 13 April 2013, 09:18 »
Bo lex!

Slept through it! Didn't record it neither!!

:laugh:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3912 on: 13 April 2013, 09:18 »
slept thru it, did record it  :smug:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3913 on: 13 April 2013, 09:53 »
Great pole Lewis!  :smiley: Would love to see that turned in to a race win tomorrow

Unfortunately tomorrow will be very much down to tyre management where I think the Mercedes will come out short. The tyres wear does mix things up and create excitement in the race to a degree but I wish it was all about the fastest car/driver.

Perez is going well then  :smug:  :whistle:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3914 on: 13 April 2013, 13:28 »
Great for Lewis! Seemed he did in the end make the right decision

McLaren are so bad this season! Yet another bad qualifying session. 

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3915 on: 13 April 2013, 13:49 »
Great pole Lewis!  :smiley:

And him qualifying first isnt bad either!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: ARF! ARF!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline LittleReDuck

• GTI forum regular
  • '98 180bhp MK3 1.8T and Loving It
« Reply #3916 on: 13 April 2013, 14:17 »
Perez is going well then  :smug:  :whistle:

Yer into the walls surrounding the track...Repeatedly  :whistle:
VR Died...Now running MK3 Golf 180bhp 1.8T

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3917 on: 18 April 2013, 21:44 »
I see Bernie is coming under pressure from the smaller teams in F1 now due to the majority of races only being live in Sky.

Last year was the first season it was not on free to air TV and the figures show over 3.8 million less people watched F1 than the year before. The daily viewing figures for the F1 Sky Channel are now so low even the BBC Parliament News Channel has more viewers per day on average. Only 86,000 tune in daily for the F1 Channel.

It is getting so bad Bernie is trying to get Sky to send free Sky boxes to people with only the F1 channel free to view while all other normal Sky channels are behind the pay wall. Bernie says this will work as people over time will want to unlock all the other channels on the box so Sky will still make money from it!

Course they will Bernie!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3918 on: 18 April 2013, 21:59 »
Drop in viewing figures could be down to more than the switch to Sky, dare to say it but maybe people are losing interest.

What with the tyres made of cheese, DRS needed for overtakes and the same person winning it for the last 3 years, I have not watched it as much and this year the tyres are even worse.

The supersofts used at China were gone after 5 / 6 laps, what is the point of that, racing should be racing not a question of tyres etc.

I mean it got so bad at China that even Button was on the radio asking do I race or let him past :sad:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3919 on: 18 April 2013, 22:13 »
Drop in viewing figures could be down to more than the switch to Sky, dare to say it but maybe people are losing interest.

What with the tyres made of cheese, DRS needed for overtakes and the same person winning it for the last 3 years, I have not watched it as much and this year the tyres are even worse.

The supersofts used at China were gone after 5 / 6 laps, what is the point of that, racing should be racing not a question of tyres etc.

I mean it got so bad at China that even Button was on the radio asking do I race or let him past :sad:

Yep, I heard that to and just sums F1 up now. Same the week before. Despite Vettel not listening..the top 4 cars were just told to stop racing and bring the cars home slowly. Hardly the pinnacle of motor sport.

Every race is getting the same now, go out and spend 3/4 of the race managing the tyres and then race for the last 10 laps or so. DRS on most tracks is boring to. Look at the last race, how easy was it for every car to overtake with DRS on either on the two long straights DRS was enable for. With cars only being allowed to move one way to defend it is so easy to overtake with DRS.