Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287207 times)

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3260 on: 15 April 2012, 22:54 »
Great race from start to finish please for Nikki as I always believed he would be a winner with the right car under him...

I still think it was my sons lucky touch...we had a F1 tour round Mercedes World on Good Friday and my 5 year old was pulled out of the crowd to push one of the Mercedes cars  :wink:

I don't mind the new commentator he was previously the commentator for BTCC, he gets really excitable
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3261 on: 15 April 2012, 23:06 »
Natalie Pinkham would get it! :drool:

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3262 on: 18 April 2012, 23:33 »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3263 on: 19 April 2012, 07:03 »
"Sebastian Vettel needs a car in which certain conditions are met - and our car doesn't have these," Marko has been quoted as telling ServusTV.

What an awful thing to say about SV. Imagine saying that about a 2 time world champion...'Basically Seb you only won because of the car you aren't that good a driver.'

I fail to see how there is any truth in this. Look at the other teams and how they are coping with the rule changes. :rolleyes:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3264 on: 19 April 2012, 08:15 »
Natalie Pinkham would get it! :drool:

Goes without saying! :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3265 on: 19 April 2012, 08:28 »
"Sebastian Vettel needs a car in which certain conditions are met - and our car doesn't have these," Marko has been quoted as telling ServusTV.

What an awful thing to say about SV. Imagine saying that about a 2 time world champion...'Basically Seb you only won because of the car you aren't that good a driver.'

I fail to see how there is any truth in this. Look at the other teams and how they are coping with the rule changes. :rolleyes:

I don't think SV is a good driver, well he's good.. Just not outstanding IMO.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3266 on: 19 April 2012, 10:09 »

I don't think he was special, look at button last season where he went from last to poll position, now thats driving, with vettel he can drive but we never saw him do anything to wow or show his full potential. He just got in front and stayed there, I'd personally say the car is what won  it IMO.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #3267 on: 19 April 2012, 10:36 »

I don't think he was special, look at button last season where he went from last to poll position, now thats driving, with vettel he can drive but we never saw him do anything to wow or show his full potential. He just got in front and stayed there, I'd personally say the car is what won  it IMO.

You've quite forgotten Vettel's win in Italy in 2008 in a Toro Rosso then?

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #3268 on: 19 April 2012, 23:12 »
It half and half to be honest....

you put a great driver in a great car...its a win win,

if you give a great driver a car with limitations then he's not going to dominate...

you only have to look and Schumacher's second coming to prove it.

Schumacher will probably win a race this year, as the Silver arrow appears to be a good car
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3269 on: 19 April 2012, 23:16 »
I was gonna say! The race that imortalised the phrase "felipe, fernando is faster than you" vettel went from pole to 18th and finnished on the podium! Nobody can deny the boys got skills, He's only human, He's not got on well with the car this year and as a guy who's passionate about driving and racing even i understand that you HAVE to be completely at peace with your machine to take it to the edge, i spend 10 hours a day in my transit and i can lap faster in that than my MG ZS 180 which all jokes aside is an astonishing car. It's all about finding a rythym and it's not working for him, luck of the draw!