Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287210 times)

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1830 on: 16 November 2010, 11:09 »
I just got a chance to watch the race last night and honestly, i thought it was a massive disapointment.

The race was a very poor race, definitely should be removed completely or moved to earlier in the season, DEFINITELY NOT THE FINAL RACE! There was one or two places on the whole track they could overtake and even then you would have to have an engine speed advantage.
There was no real action which was a massive disapointment, Hamilton just ended up massivly frustrated because of Kubica, Alonso more than massivly frustrated because of petrov but simply theres nothing they could do about it.

I wanted to see Webber win as i think it was possibly his only ever chance of the title, really disapointed for him, he should leave Red Bull and join a team that will respect his talent!

Hamilton in my eyes was the only really deserving champion, he has had a fantastic season and has over performed the car nearly every race!!

Alonso, very unsporting as said but adds a lot to F1 and is a great competitor. Still dont like him but i wouldnt like to see him retire.

Vettle had a good solid race pace but he won it out of luck. It wasnt a dominating season or final race, he won because Hamilton was trapped behind Kubica and he had a good Pit stop in comparison to Alonso and Webbers. If there had been more overtaking positions and Alonso, Webber and Hamilton didnt get caught in traffic there was no way Vettle would have won, Hamilton definitely would have won and Alonso would have definitely had a great finish.

Terrible race to say the least.

Fantastic season for the competition thou!   :cool: :cool: :cool:

Next season will be great though! Looking forward to the adjustable rear wing and KERS back in  :smiley: Apparinatly Kimi Rikonnen is making a come back, possibly with Renault! Imagine a Rikonnen/Kubic team! Mclaren have the ideal team already but Webber should get into Ferrari with Alonso and just bail on Red Bull for the stick he's had!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1831 on: 16 November 2010, 21:35 »

Vettle had a good solid race pace but he won it out of luck. It wasnt a dominating season or final race, he won because Hamilton was trapped behind Kubica and he had a good Pit stop in comparison to Alonso and Webbers. If there had been more overtaking positions and Alonso, Webber and Hamilton didnt get caught in traffic there was no way Vettle would have won, Hamilton definitely would have won and Alonso would have definitely had a great finish.

Vettle did not win it out of luck, 10 poles and 6 wins I don't like him but he did what was needed.

Raikkonen is not coming back by the way.

He didnt win the championship by luck but he definitely won the last race by luck.

Last i herd he was in talks with Renault? That been scrapped?

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1832 on: 16 November 2010, 22:01 »
Last i herd he was in talks with Renault? That been scrapped?

About 6 weeks ago...

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1833 on: 17 November 2010, 05:10 »
vettle didn't win the last race out of luck , he won it cos ferrari fcuked up and he was faster than them.

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #1834 on: 17 November 2010, 13:14 »
I just read a rumour that Hulkenberg will be taking Massa's seat for next season?!! :shocked:

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
« Reply #1835 on: 17 November 2010, 13:23 »
I still would have liked to see Webber take the title but so long as Alonso didn't get it. Much as i love Ferrari and Schumacher was a legend with them they push every envelope of the rule book. I don't remember many other teams taking the refuelling rigs with them exiting the pitlane or just driving out and letting the other decide if they want to have an accident.

Red bull won because as a team they outclassed everyone else, roll on next year.

Making up for lost time

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1836 on: 18 November 2010, 13:24 »
vettle didn't win the last race out of luck , he won it cos ferrari fcuked up

So luck?
The track didnt have enough places to overtake so noone could have challenged Vettle anyways.

I would have rather seen Alonso win the championship than Vettle. Vettle was to imiture and made some stupid mistakes. Alonso had a great second half of the season despite the winging and cheating

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #1837 on: 18 November 2010, 13:29 »
Alonso had a great second half of the season despite the winging and cheating

Errrr.....  :huh:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1838 on: 18 November 2010, 13:42 »

I'm guessing he's referring to the team orders.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1839 on: 18 November 2010, 14:00 »

I'm guessing he's referring to the team orders.

Yeah, he is.

However every team uses team order, they just hide it where as Ferrari at least are honest about it.