Author Topic: Amping factory radio  (Read 1798 times)

Offline soulman_uk

• GTI forum regular
Amping factory radio
« on: 06 April 2006, 21:17 »
Hi,

I wanted to know how you would amp the standard vw golf mk4 2001 gamma radio. Got some decent speakers and an amp reason for keeping the factory radio is because I have a sony nwhd adaptor that needs a factory radio aparantly.

I guess the gamma doing have an rca port (what exactly is an rca) so how would wiring it be done ?

I have high and low level inputs on my amp could that be the best way to go about it.

Advice most welcomed.

Offline GolfGL

• I live here
Re: Amping factory radio
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2006, 21:30 »
All i know is you need an RCA white and red (i think RCA is signal for the speakers) and a remote lead. Have you taken out the gamma to see what is on the back of it?
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2006, 21:39 »
the gamma doesn't have an rca out no... rca's are the low level outputs. You'll have to extended the speaker wires (probably the rear ones are best) to plug into the amp. They're the high level inputs.

Offline soulman_uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2006, 00:01 »
Not had a look at the back of the gamma yet. But was literally just told I can use the high low level inputs on my amp to wire it. Although it is not ideal it will work. Not sure why its not ideal didnt have time to ask ?

cheers :smiley:

Offline steviem

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2006, 00:09 »
basically because the high level needs to be put down to low level and then amplified, so it sort of degrades the sound quality, but most people dont really notice it...

kingturbo

« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2006, 10:52 »
i have a lead that you can buy that plugs into the back of the gamma and this has front and rear rca leads on it. its about £13 to buy and i think its made by autoleads cant remember the part no though

Offline soulman_uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2006, 19:02 »
thanks for the info all,

rich king  :smiley: thanks for the offer I bought one friday online already  :undecided: but thanks for the offer.