Author Topic: Alternative ideas???  (Read 428 times)

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
Alternative ideas???
« on: 29 November 2006, 17:09 »
Hi,

ive put up a post looking for an alternator bracket for a MK2 golf gti, but i was wondering if there is anything alternative i can use?  ive snapped mines twice in the last 3 weeks! just wondering if there was another bracket from something else that could be used instead?  :undecided:

Offline Uku

• Here all the time
Re: Alternative ideas???
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2006, 17:37 »
how on earth do you keep snapping it lol , are you loosening of all the bolts before you adjust the belt? sounds to me like your trying to tension up the belt with the adjuster nut but not loosening of the main bolts for the altenator , hence you keep snapping it.

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2006, 17:59 »
i snapped the bracket thats mounted on the engine, but i managed to fit the adjuster back on to the engine on the other side of the alternator, but now that snapped  :cry: it was just meant to be a tempory measure till i got another one, but now im going no where fast!  :grin:  I've emailed a few peeps on ebay so hopefully i'll get a replacement!

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2006, 14:11 »
had a look around the scrappys today, but they had no MK2's, but i had a look at some on the MK3's & they looked the same???  Only problem was that there was only one part of it, the bit that mounts on to the engine, but does anyone know if the MK3's brackets are the same?  :undecided: