Author Topic: anyone know where any scrapyards in glasgow/scotland that have mk2 golfs?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
i feel like i've called 300 different places looking for 1 single mk2 golf, and no scrapyards seem to have them! im thinking im going to have to start my own mk2 scrapyard and corner the market.

i live in central glasgow and dont mind travelling a few miles to get to where i need to go, but i do however really need some parts for my sunroof. dealership costs are costing me a fortune!

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
dude, im on the same boat, im down in ayrshire & theres none, just came back from lancashire & i tried loads of scrappys around lancaster & morecambe, only to find out one had just been saveyed on Friday, missed it by a day, ive got the same problem with my sunroof, but i think i can sort it ( fingers crossed ), but my main problem for me is getting the seals for the windows! ive emailed a place tonight down in London that make rubbers for all types of cars, so hopefully they can help.

Offline FBF

• Here all the time
my local scrappy has 4-5 at a time and they scrap all the cars every few weeks!..  its a pain in the a$$  but if you need postable bits pm me and i can try get them for you.

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
Window seals please! looking for the outer rubbers that seals the window to the doors for a 5 door mk2, if you can get any please let me know  :laugh:

Offline FBF

• Here all the time
i have one here now took of a fdoor i just replaced.  its from the front passenger side.  what other side do you need?

Offline mad4mush

• Not said much yet
i live in stirling which is not too far but i go to a scrapy in alloa. alloa autobreakers just if ur stuck they always seem to have 3-4 cheers

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
i need both sides, but it's for the back doors  :cry: 

Offline FBF

• Here all the time
i will be over there next week let me have a look see if i can half inch them i will pm ya

Dan

StephenEggo

Hi there I stay in Stirling and I was over at Alloa Auto Breakers last week and they have couple of MK2's in the moment ( not GTI).

All Parts auto salvage in Bonnybridge is a massive scrapyard and they also seem to have some Mk2's in at a time when I go there.

Offline nunny

• Not said much yet
i was over at Irvine auto spares scrappys today,plenty of MK3 golfs but no MK2's!  I've managed to get some window rubbers from a guy on ebay, so hopefully im sorted!