Author Topic: K-Jet Pressure Test Results  (Read 696 times)

Offline bmouthboyo

• Here all the time
K-Jet Pressure Test Results
« on: 11 May 2011, 20:45 »
OK some may know I have some issues with my DX engine where after a long drive (hour +) and I stop for say 15 minutes when I restart it struggles to idle. Leave it for a night and then it is again fine.

Raising idle with screw does sort this, however next day idle is then too high.

So I have today measured pressures with tester and following guides on here.

So hooked it up from metering head to WUR, valve open and :

At start I have 1 Bar
7 mins running - 1.2 Bar
9 mins running - 1.4 Bar
12 mins running - 1.8 Bar
15 mins + running - 3.3 Bar
[/b]
So from this I guess that the heater coil inside is not working and this is from residual heat off the engine?

So I checked the voltage as best I could with my limited electrical knowledge. (apologies in advance).

On the multimeter I set it to DC 20m and it showed 12.1, so I assume its 12v power? So I am assuming the WUR heater element is shot?

I then shut the valve to get system pressure and it read 5.1 Bar. So this seems to be OK?

I then gave it a little rev and it would not return to the normal idle and was idling too low, like when I take it for long drive, leave and restart it. So i adjusted the idle screw till it ticked over without struggling and the Control pressure then read 2.5 bar, system 5.2 bar still!!  :laugh:

I then turned engine off with valve shut and system pressure went to 3.2 bar and held for 5 mins, i went inside and returned at 20 mins and...

Gauge had blown the rubber bung at top, was filled with fuel and read 0  :angry: I put bung back in a vain attempt to see if it works, start engine... fuel pissing out top, gauge shagged. No idea why and in contact with seller :(

So am I right in thinking the WUR heater is shagged? If so can i fix it (8v DX engine)?

Secondly do you think the WUR is responsible for the idle dropping when engine is warm? Seems odd as its warmed up and working by then so not sure why this would cause this.

Sorry for long post but best to be thorough. Thanks in advance guys