Author Topic: Latest map update  (Read 9287 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Latest map update
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2023, 07:26 »
Thanks for sharing this. I’ll read the .pdf guide but I assume you download the selected map data file to your PC etc. and then transfer to the flash card in the glovebox?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2023, 08:24 »
Thanks for sharing this. I’ll read the .pdf guide but I assume you download the selected map data file to your PC etc. and then transfer to the flash card in the glovebox?
yes, it's easy to do but VW now get you to login to download the map data. You will also need to unzip your download before moving it to your card.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2023, 08:26 »
Thanks, I’ve just read through the .pdf guide and it looks straightforward enough. I’ve already got a VW login so that’s ok.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2023, 08:30 »
Just make sure you don't choose download 1 as this won't fit a standard Discover media sd card.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2023, 10:32 »
Just make sure you don't choose download 1 as this won't fit a standard Discover media sd card.

👍

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2023, 15:08 »
Just checked and there are new maps dated 19/06/2023.

Not sure if they've changed the way the bundles are named?

I usually go for B6 but it seems the whole of Europe is now not given a number just a name, so the bundle I will now use is B5 as I'd rather have Italy than the Scando countries.

Some of the bundles are a bit odd as to the countries they include.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2023, 17:26 »
Yes, today the maps have been updated to 19 June 2023 version. I should have complained earlier!  :laugh:
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 18 July 2023, 23:17 »
Yes, today the maps have been updated to 19 June 2023 version. I should have complained earlier!  :laugh:
they were updated late last week.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 18 July 2023, 23:59 »
I tried yesterday and it still offered me 11 November 2022 version.
And I checked each day since mid-June.
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2023, 00:59 »
Interestingly enough, it may have something to do with the cokies. As on my home desktop computer, it still offers me the 28/11/22 version! I am glad I checked at work earlier today and downloaded the new 19/06/23 version. It is already installed in my GTI!  :smiley:

BTW, if you have Discover Pro, for the first time the EU maps will not fit on a 32GB SD card!
You need to use 64GB.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2023, 01:10 by DanDuda48 »