Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 438648 times)

Offline stugolfmk3

• Not said much yet
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1820 on: 04 January 2011, 07:58 »
i am ready to work on the car tonight bring in on

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1821 on: 04 January 2011, 09:09 »
Sounds gd, dose up on aspirin and paracetamol and I'm good to go.

Find out about windscreen today too.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #1822 on: 04 January 2011, 09:11 »
In other news, I have been running on V-Power and not Tesco fuel. Only reason I used Tesco 99 was I have 3 Tesco petrol stations close to me and I like the clubcard points. The nearest Shell garage is a bit more of drive. I'm going to try BP super on my next refill and see how that compares. Be interesting to see if the drop in octane makes a HUGE difference. Car is mapped to run on 97...

You need to run a couple of tanks of each through to properly evaluate any subjective difference.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1823 on: 04 January 2011, 09:28 »
Ok, cool. I'm coming to the end of the second tank of V-Power. I have noticed a difference with it. Not a huge amount though. Be interesting to see how BP super compares.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1824 on: 04 January 2011, 10:13 »
Tesco may have high octane fuel but it's a sh*t fuel in my opinion.... would never put that dirty sh*t in my car....  I'm sure someone on here did an in depth project on fuel quality and the supermarket stuff was full of grit and all sorts of nasty cr@p.. not very well refined at all compared to the branded stuff.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1825 on: 04 January 2011, 11:17 »
Tesco may have high octane fuel but it's a sh*t fuel in my opinion.... would never put that dirty sh*t in my car....  I'm sure someone on here did an in depth project on fuel quality and the supermarket stuff was full of grit and all sorts of nasty cr@p.. not very well refined at all compared to the branded stuff.

I remember reading that. I think it will be V-Power ftw, but we'll see how BP performs. I wish there was a Shell garage in Plymouth!

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #1826 on: 04 January 2011, 11:19 »
love what your doing to the car seems like a nice budget do up, like im trying to do but failing on the price also going to steel your induction kit idea, nice setup and seems cheap enough!

also i don't see what the problem is on page 14-15 of this thread as someone said its a 1.4 mine is a 1.4 there is nothing wrong with making a 1.4 look good, at the end dubbing is styling and proformance not always at the same time, so sling your hook, i like what he has done to to car made it very smart, its expensive running and dubbing a car, as i know with a slow project going on my 1.4 we work our asses off for the paycheck that we take home and half of us dont have endless streams of money to spend on these cars!

RANT OVER

but brilliant job dude keep it up!
« Last Edit: 04 January 2011, 11:53 by GrandMstRamRod »

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1827 on: 04 January 2011, 13:57 »
Cheers buddy. Where were you back then?!?!? Haha, needed your backup lol. Its coming along nicely and like you say, no endless money supply, just that end of month pay check. That's why its taken this long to get where it is now. Well worth it, and cheaper than a real baby I reckon haha.

Windscreen is booked in for tomorrow, so good news! I'll see how I get on with things tonight and I might book an MOT in for Thursday.

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #1828 on: 04 January 2011, 14:05 »
Cheers buddy. Where were you back then?!?!? Haha, needed your backup lol. Its coming along nicely and like you say, no endless money supply, just that end of month pay check. That's why its taken this long to get where it is now. Well worth it, and cheaper than a real baby I reckon haha.

Windscreen is booked in for tomorrow, so good news! I'll see how I get on with things tonight and I might book an MOT in for Thursday.

never noticed this thread before, by any change what did u do with your old engine and your home made induction system for the 1.4 ;)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1829 on: 04 January 2011, 18:06 »

never noticed this thread before, by any change what did u do with your old engine and your home made induction system for the 1.4 ;)

Wasn't that like two years ago? :D

Dan