Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787379 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9610 on: 08 July 2019, 16:53 »
Very clean but needs the extra engine cover...

Extra engine cover!? Tell me more...  :huh:

VW used to fit an inlet manifold cover but they stopped probably to save a few €s. I've one on mine and it does tidy things up.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/awesome/oem-inlet-manifold-cover-for-vag-2-0tfsi-ea888-gen3-engines/

Added weight, makes those manuals even slower :grin:

The way I shift those cogs around is the biggest factor in how slow mine is!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #9611 on: 08 July 2019, 19:46 »
VW used to fit an inlet manifold cover but they stopped probably to save a few €s. I've one on mine and it does tidy things up.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/awesome/oem-inlet-manifold-cover-for-vag-2-0tfsi-ea888-gen3-engines/

Hmm, can't decide if I like it or not... Is it £50 well spent when no one sees it?

Have many people fitted one?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9612 on: 08 July 2019, 20:59 »

Hmm, can't decide if I like it or not... Is it £50 well spent when no one sees it?

If you frequently park up, open the bonnet and stand and admire your engine bay then this might be the best £50 you’ve ever spent!! If not, then probably a massive waste!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #9613 on: 08 July 2019, 21:15 »

Keep an eye on the used parts section 😉

In all honesty it is completely pointless, but then the engine bay looks unfinished without it.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9614 on: 08 July 2019, 21:31 »
Waste of 50 notes in my opinion. Only peoplr that see that will be the VW tech at service time and you if when you top up your washer fluid.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9615 on: 08 July 2019, 22:36 »
I must be pointless then as I put in on mine when I got the car  ;D ;D

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #9616 on: 09 July 2019, 00:22 »
Waste of 50 notes in my opinion. Only people that see that will be the VW tech at service time and you if when you top up your washer fluid.

Hmm, I think you might have a point there...  :grin:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9617 on: 09 July 2019, 06:18 »
I must be pointless then as I put in on mine when I got the car  ;D ;D

was yours from your old car though Andrew?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9618 on: 09 July 2019, 07:34 »
No Chris, the old car was a GTD.

These were new parts but purchased from a guy on Ebay who sold his car and never got round to fitting it. The grand total of £16 including the little ball stud and bracket. Probably wouldn't have paid £50 for it though.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9619 on: 09 July 2019, 14:28 »
These were new parts but purchased from a guy on Ebay who sold his car and never got round to fitting it. The grand total of £16 including the little ball stud and bracket. Probably wouldn't have paid £50 for it though.

I got mine secondhand from a very friendly and helpful forum member :smiley: It does look so much better but I too was reluctant to spend £50 on it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.