Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787402 times)

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1290 on: 02 October 2014, 10:04 »
Is you car remapped...?? If so id be interested to hear if they pick up on it..?

Thanks
Ken
GTI - PP

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1291 on: 02 October 2014, 10:05 »
no buddy its not yet, still waiting for my intercooler to turn up :sad:

There is a large exhaust and intake on it, which they might notice  :grin:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1292 on: 02 October 2014, 10:17 »
no buddy its not yet, still waiting for my intercooler to turn up :sad:

There is a large exhaust and intake on it, which they might notice  :grin:

LOL...nice....im interested if VW UK are using the TD1 flag.....things like exhausts and filters, suspension are down to "dealer discretion" to report. The TD1 flag is totally out of the dealers hands once the car gets plugged in.

Thanks for your reply.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1293 on: 02 October 2014, 10:20 »
Oh i got springs too  :grin: i dont think they like my car tbh ive ruined it lol they tried telling me that now ive lowered it (15mm btw) my radar wont work... o...k then pal if you say so
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1294 on: 07 October 2014, 13:45 »
Turned on heated seat for first time since last winter.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1295 on: 10 October 2014, 00:08 »
made a pit stop

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1296 on: 10 October 2014, 08:59 »
Had my wing mirror smashed off this morning on the way to work by a woman in a Yaris who strayed on my side of the road. Nowhere I could go to avoid it...

Motor works fine and luckily no damage to the door so I think its just the red outer cover, black lower casing and the indicator housing.

Anyone know a trusted supplier where I can get one? Luckily the lady stopped and admitted liability and said she will cover the costs.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1297 on: 10 October 2014, 10:28 »
Had my wing mirror smashed off this morning on the way to work by a woman in a Yaris who strayed on my side of the road. Nowhere I could go to avoid it...

Motor works fine and luckily no damage to the door so I think its just the red outer cover, black lower casing and the indicator housing.

Anyone know a trusted supplier where I can get one? Luckily the lady stopped and admitted liability and said she will cover the costs.

If she admits and will pay costs the only place I'd be going is the dealers for a proper quote.
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1298 on: 10 October 2014, 10:41 »

If she admits and will pay costs the only place I'd be going is the dealers for a proper quote.

Yeah done that... £333.88 inc. VAT for the part, unpainted, not fitted.

The problem I think I'll have is although she admitted liability at the scene, there were no witnesses other than my wife and her passenger. I reckon she'll have had a think about it and will now deny it was her fault.

Not only that, now I've had the chance to have a proper look there is also damage to the door so I have a feeling it will be an insurance job. It has to be perfect.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1299 on: 10 October 2014, 13:00 »
I was involved in an incident like that years ago. I was driving my dad's old Granada Estate and a car coming the other way went wide around a car parked on his side, I had no-where to go and there was nothing on my side, so he was in my lane. Wing mirrors clashed and I stopped a short distance up the road (so as not to block the road, with the parked car on the other side). After a quick check, the spring-loaded Granada wing mirror was confirmed as undamaged and bounced back into place. The other car had not stopped. It was out of mind, no harm to the Granada and 3 weeks later my dad got a letter from the bobbys claiming that he'd had an accident in the car and not stopped (they must've hung around long enough to get the reg).

The bobbys came round for a statement, the other side's version of events was that I drove around the parked car on my side of the road and hadn't stopped at all. As it turned out, their wing mirror was smashed to smithereens, but with no independent witnesses either side, it was my word against theirs. Passengers do not count as witnesses as they are not independent.

This person may well think about it and deny any wrong-doing if there's door damage to pay for too, probably thinking initially it would only be a £150 fix. Might be best to tell your insurance to pursue it as a proper claim to avoid any back-tracking.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.