Author Topic: Oxygen Sensor Fault Post Cat  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
Oxygen Sensor Fault Post Cat
« on: 24 November 2019, 15:54 »
My lease car is coming up to three years in January and only has 16K miles on it.  I've had GTI's in the MK5 and MK4 previously and never have I had the check engine light illuminate.  I'm a little shocked that this has occurred on such a new car, with low miles and that has been meticulously serviced and looked after.  I have mostly used shell V Power and the occasional trip to use Tesco Momentum 99, when the Shell stuff was unavailable. 

This occurred almost two weeks ago and strangely the light came on as soon as my missus filled up with the Tesco Momentum fuel.  At first I thought it was a loosed fuel cap, but this has since been discounted on the basis of my VCDS scans.  The Tesco fuel has been dispensed with and I am now a third of a tank through the V Power fuel, having filled up again.  Can anyone shed any light on the following:

1. How do I go about getting the car diagnosed and repaired by VW with it being a lease vehicle?
2. Has anyone else had the check engine light illuminate on a MK7 GTI and what did you find the fault to be caused by?

Thank you in earnest.
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Oxygen Sensor Fault Post Cat
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2019, 16:15 »
Book it in at VW, it has warranty cover, no need to over think it  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2019, 20:10 »
Yes, that’s what the warranty is for. Nothing they can argue about either. Probably something simple.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2019, 02:19 »
My lease car is coming up to three years in January and only has 16K miles on it.  I've had GTI's in the MK5 and MK4 previously and never have I had the check engine light illuminate.  I'm a little shocked that this has occurred on such a new car, with low miles and that has been meticulously serviced and looked after.  I have mostly used shell V Power and the occasional trip to use Tesco Momentum 99, when the Shell stuff was unavailable. 

This occurred almost two weeks ago and strangely the light came on as soon as my missus filled up with the Tesco Momentum fuel.  At first I thought it was a loosed fuel cap, but this has since been discounted on the basis of my VCDS scans.  The Tesco fuel has been dispensed with and I am now a third of a tank through the V Power fuel, having filled up again.  Can anyone shed any light on the following:

1. How do I go about getting the car diagnosed and repaired by VW with it being a lease vehicle?
2. Has anyone else had the check engine light illuminate on a MK7 GTI and what did you find the fault to be caused by?

Thank you in earnest.

Zayd, did you get to the bottom of what was causing the faulty?
Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.