Author Topic: BW9 Club  (Read 6787 times)

Offline TheRedTornado

• Not said much yet
Re: BW9 Club
« Reply #20 on: 03 March 2014, 23:47 »
Hoping to see the tracker change from "In transit" (3 weeks) to "On journey to UK" (10 days) this Wednesday. That would be bang on 5 days wait for me.

Boat called the "Emden" is due to dock in Emden at 12 on 05/03/14. Hopefully this is the boat for week 9 cars heading to Sheerness. It certainly looks like it's standard route.

Fingers crossed. :smiley:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/355051000

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 05 March 2014, 14:53 »
Was also told my GTD was BW9. Tracker went from "Build Week Confirmed" to "In transit" (4 weeks) on Feb 21st !
The changed to "In transit" (3 weeks) on Feb 25th. It has been at this stage since.
Rang dealer yesterday, who said it is waiting to be shipped, presumably from Emden, hopefully to Hull or Grimsby.
At this stage, tracker should change to "On journey to UK, 10 days", I think.

Anyone know the names of any ofther VAG vehicle carrier vessels?
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline VWTM545

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2014, 14:59 »

I think (not certain) that the VAG boats end with "Highway" i.e. ISAR HIGHWAY
That boat runs between Emden and Grimsby
GTD: Tornado Red, Winter Pack, Rear View Camera, Pano Sunroof

Offline TheRedTornado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2014, 18:32 »

Boat Name       Current destination   Exp Destination Arrival    Usual Delivery Ports
ISAR Highway          Grimsby                 Today (18:45)                   Grimsby
African Highway         Emden                  Arrived Today                   Sheerness/Tyne
Emden                      Emden                  Arrived Today                   Sheerness
Schelde Highway       Emden                   Arrived Today                         ?
Viking Constanza       Grimsby                06/03/2014                       Grimsby

Hopefully this information is useful. Certainly plenty of ships coming and going from Emden in the next few days.

I will keep an eye on these boats and update as onward destinations are confirmed.

I should add that i cant guarantee these are VW boats, but they certainly match the destination criteria. :)

« Last Edit: 05 March 2014, 19:22 by TheRedTornado »

Offline TheRedTornado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 March 2014, 19:27 »
It looks like the "Viking Constanza" has changed schedule from Grimsby to Sheerness.

Its left Emden and is due to arrive in Sheerness at 6am tomorrow morning.

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 06 March 2014, 09:24 »
Tracker finally changed this morning to the "Final Stage - 10 day" message, so my car presumably caught one of those boats ! :smiley:

Some members seem to think that the tracker only changes once a week, but this is definitely NOT the case. It seems to change daily .... so my advice to everyone is keep looking .....
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline zUgan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 06 March 2014, 09:27 »
Text update from VW and my tracker changed to In Transit, 3 weeks this morning. Does that mean it's in Emden waiting for a boat?  :smiley:
3dr GTD, Carbon Grey.

Offline Tonebatch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 06 March 2014, 10:21 »
Tracker now shows in transit 4 weeks arrival at dealers. It's brilliant but I didn't expect it this soon. Need to terminate my PCH on my current car sooner than I intended it seems. Also going on holiday mid April hope it doesn't clash with the arrival of my car. But very exited  :smiley:

Ordered GTI Tornado red, PP, DSG, Nav Pro, Winter pack, Rear Camera

Offline Jthgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 06 March 2014, 18:28 »
As my car was in BW7 and is now showing step 7 (with the dealer) - I thought it might be useful to you BW9ers to detail when and how my tracker changed (Notice some stages were bypassed altogether and the fact that it updates on different days):

Sun Feb 9       - 'Confirmed BW7' (was at this stage for 3 weeks from Sat 18 Jan)
Fri Feb 14       - 'Now built, on average 4 weeks'
Thurs Feb 20  - 'Now built, on average 3 weeks'
Fri Feb 28       - 'Arrived in UK'
Thurs March 6 - 'Arrived at dealer'

Hope this helps - I've been backdating from the BW3 thread to try and work out how long each stage would take!
« Last Edit: 06 March 2014, 18:30 by Jthgti »

Offline TheRedTornado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 11 March 2014, 17:46 »
Thats me finally on 10 days from this morning.  :smiley:

My car must be on either the African Highway which docked in Sheerness this afternoon or the Viking Constanza which is due to dock tonight.

I can finally get away from the ship tracker, its more addictive than the VW version lol  :smiley: