Author Topic: Hurdy's new Polo GTI..project time!  (Read 99429 times)

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
Re: Hurdy's new Polo GTI..project time!
« Reply #40 on: 18 October 2011, 14:17 »
Power to weight ratio's on that first phase are impressive, want to keep an eye on this for the girlfriends next car.....
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 20 October 2011, 15:57 »
 :sad:

ITG intake is delayed - self imposed though as they said I could have the existing intake or wait 3 weeks for their new polo GTI specific intake. The current intake is generic between the Ibiza Cupra/Fabia VRs and the Polo GTI, to account for the fact that the Cupra and VRs have their batteries in the engine compartment and space is at a premium. The Polo GTI has the battery in the boot and so there is loads of space for a full intake :cool:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 20 October 2011, 19:15 »
Just spotted this! Looking forward to seeing how this one goes.... good choice with the polo I say! Had one as a courtesy car and apart from a few niggles it drove better than the MK6 golf i had and seemed much shaper to turn in.

Will be a great toy once done  :evil:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 20 October 2011, 20:28 »
Just spotted this! Looking forward to seeing how this one goes.... good choice with the polo I say! Had one as a courtesy car and apart from a few niggles it drove better than the MK6 golf i had and seemed much shaper to turn in.

Will be a great toy once done  :evil:

These really are super little hatchbacks. Look at the PDF file below and it should give you an idea of what can be done with the Polo GTI. APR haven't gone anywhere as far with the one in the link as I want to and the APR car is already faster around a track than the Focus RS :cool:

http://goapr.com.au/media/mm-june2011.pdf

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #44 on: 21 October 2011, 11:28 »
Just read all of that looks good but they say the main problem was the DSG box.. has anyone got a map for the DSG box in your car ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 21 October 2011, 12:57 »
Normal Hurdy madness resumed - thought you had been quiet a bit too long :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 21 October 2011, 14:59 »
Just read all of that looks good but they say the main problem was the DSG box.. has anyone got a map for the DSG box in your car ??

Already in development. Shark Motorsport should have something very soon ( next few weeks). Revo, who would be my first choice have plans, but nothing due for release until after the new year.  :sad:
« Last Edit: 21 October 2011, 15:01 by Hurdy »

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 21 October 2011, 15:03 »
Normal Hurdy madness resumed - thought you had been quiet a bit too long :tongue:

I was getting modding withdrawal symptoms JV. :laugh:

Now I'm getting a steady daily dose, normal service has been resumed. :cool:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #48 on: 21 October 2011, 15:16 »
Well that will help you out no end actually having control over the bloody thing.. the only thing that annoys me with my dsg is it rnadomly kicks down when it doesnt need to lol
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 21 October 2011, 15:56 »
Well that will help you out no end actually having control over the bloody thing.. the only thing that annoys me with my dsg is it rnadomly kicks down when it doesnt need to lol
Yep, the kick down annoys me no end!