Author Topic: My little VW Golf  (Read 45545 times)

Offline Chantuz

• Here all the time
  • MissMk2Golf
Re: Updated pic of my mk2
« Reply #20 on: 15 February 2006, 14:29 »
Car went into the bodyshop today! Would have been done by tuesday night if I took it in at nine when it was spose to be in..ah well should be done by thursday morning! Yay! And I'm not paying for any of it lol
My ex bf is paying to get the doors fixed and my currant bf is paying to get my bumpers sprayed!

Saves me some money after all that I've spent on it!

Bought it for 90 pounds, completely standard. The head gasket had gone on it so I fixed it myself for a minimum of 50 notes for gasket set, oil n air filter etc, then it needed a new thermostat (easy), then it had a corroded sump which was replaced, then a water leak from the intake manifold as the gromit had blown out since it over heated causing the need for a new thermostat, I've had to buy two new tyres for it, its had two brakes pipes replaced, a headlight....

Then the clutch went..in the middle of nowhere!!!!  :angry: so i got really angry with it and revved its bollox off and chipped the camshaft...  :rolleyes: anyways me and a mate took it apart to see which lope was chipped...however putting it back together again..he did the timing wrong and bent the valves!!! So I bought a donor car for 100 notes and took the cylinder head off and replaced mine! yay! Oh and I removed the p slots and big bumpers from that car aswell!

Overall I've spent just over 600 quid fixing my car. It's all worth it IMO.
  :laugh:

Oh yeah and now the indicator problem and my dash lights don't work anymore lol :cry:

WILL POST PICS AS SOON AS HE COMES OUT!

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #21 on: 15 February 2006, 15:24 »
wish i had the skills you have darl.. im rubbish when it comes to mucky cars, i generally just spectate and sit in the car, and rip the end of my bros finger off playin with pedals, and beep horn... funnily enough he gets very angry when i do that and he's under the bonnet... you think i'd learn  :laugh:

Offline Chantuz

• Here all the time
  • MissMk2Golf
« Reply #22 on: 15 February 2006, 15:38 »
lol I can honestly say that nothing else makes me smile more when you beep the horn and someone is under the bonnet  :grin: I love it! Even when it happens to me...

Just ask to help if something goes wrong with your car :) you will easily pick something up.

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #23 on: 15 February 2006, 15:42 »
haaha i ask to help, but end up picking up a haynes and siting in car out of the way.... lol

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #24 on: 15 February 2006, 16:31 »
both our cars are on 17's lowered 60mm, but mine looks slightly lower than your's...

maybe it's cos I have 16v springs or summut.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Chantuz

• Here all the time
  • MissMk2Golf
« Reply #25 on: 15 February 2006, 16:41 »
Maybe... :sad: I wanted coilovers...

Does yours seem to sit lower at the back ???
« Last Edit: 15 February 2006, 16:43 by Chantuz »

Offline Si

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 February 2006, 16:47 »
The 16v Springs are 15mm lower i think. So Dizzie yours will be lowered 60mm on 16v Springs.
I LOVE THE SOUND OF CARBS IN THE MORNING

Offline Chantuz

• Here all the time
  • MissMk2Golf
« Reply #27 on: 17 February 2006, 13:05 »
Ok! My baby is out of the bodyshop! Looks so pretty lol seeing no dints in the doors hehehe

Anyways, pics to come soon... it's a realy crappy day today and he needs a good wash and polish!

Post them asap!

El x

Offline Chantuz

• Here all the time
  • MissMk2Golf
« Reply #28 on: 21 February 2006, 19:28 »
Ok finally I got some half decent pics of my golf...

Straight doors, no bit of rust on the drivers door and no black bumpers WOO! (Back bumper is also colour coded cept too close to wall to take pics)

NEXT - MOT  Indicators haven't been fixed yet...now have a problem with the main beam and wipers.. quoted £260.49 at main dealer...won't be going there, took it to the guy who did my body work and they will do it SOOO much cheaper coz they know me too  :wink:

After - My interior is being re-trimmed from grey to dark blue and black, I have my design drawn out and just need to give it to a family member for him to do for me very cheaply 

And whilst thats being sorted...so is my stereo...boot build yay!

Updates soon!

El x

P.S Should be getting my german plates soon (I feel like I'm just saying that...) MY bf needs to get his act together...they were my xmas present...  :angry:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 21 February 2006, 19:48 »
looking good  :cool: