Author Topic: Had it a while..  (Read 822 times)

Offline fin45cs

• Not said much yet
Had it a while..
« on: 17 December 2023, 21:29 »
Hi guys, had the gti a while now, and i am constantly looking for a set of fitted seat covers. Or any descent cover for that matter.
Probably been a topic before, but has any of you been able to get anything to do the job?

Cheers finny.  :smiley:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Had it a while..
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2023, 21:49 »
Lots of the so called tailored or fitted seat covers I’ve seen advertised on various websites don’t look very fitted or tailored to me; they look more like someone’s slipped a black bin liner over the seat; ill fitting and baggy.

Have you considered a scotch guard type fabric protector? I’ve not used one but if correctly applied, it should repel unwanted spillages, and you’ll still be able to enjoy your seats rather than keeping them covered up for the benefit of the next owner of your car when you eventually sell it.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline DSGboy

• Not said much yet
Re: Had it a while..
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2023, 16:26 »

You may wish to carefully check out the products available from Rhino Seat covers (boot liners et Al).
The Seat covers aren’t cheap, but imho you get what you pay for.  We’ve had a Rhino rear Seat cover in my R for a while mow and totally happy with it. No worries about dog harming the leather when travelling in the rear.
Gone. Mk6 GTI DSG, 2012 ,5dr , DPB, 18’s, Leather, Dynaudio, Cruise, DAB, Auto Mirrors, Storage Pack, TPMS.
Current. Mk7.5 R DSG, 2019, 5dr, DPB,  Pretorias, Leather, Memory Seat,  Climate Screen, Rear Camera, Black Caps