Author Topic: Returning to VW - Clubsport finance  (Read 1743 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Returning to VW - Clubsport finance
« on: 05 December 2023, 08:59 »
Hi everyone, after a few years away I might be coming back to performance Golf ownership. I originally ordered a Clubsport in June 2021 and like many others I cancelled due to the delays.

Fast forward and I have been offered a brand new in stock car which is 90% of spec I originally ordered for a mega price.

My question is - are you still allowed to purchase the car via VW finance to get the VW contribution and then pay the finance off within a few days/ week of ownership? I know you could do that a few years back, not sure about now?
« Last Edit: 05 December 2023, 09:02 by clarky92 »
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Returning to VW - Clubsport finance
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2023, 09:24 »
Welcome back!

I’m pretty certain you can. There’s a requirement under UK consumer legislation for a (14 day) cooling off period in case you change your mind, enabling you to withdraw from the finance agreement within the first 14 days without penalty. If you withdraw from a VW PCP agreement within the first 14 days, you’re effectively just exercising that right to withdraw.

I did this back in 2020 which enabled me to keep VW’s finance deposit contribution. I exercised my right to withdraw three days after taking delivery of the car and got charged a nominal amount of interest; 3 days at £2.07 per day (the daily charge may have increased since then). I’ve copied the withdrawal clause that was in my 2020 PCP agreement below. Maybe a forum member with a current PCP contract could check their agreement and confirm the same - or similar - clause is still used?

6. Right of Withdrawal
6.1 If the Amount of Credit does not exceed £60,260, you have the right to withdraw from this Agreement, without having to give any reason. Should you
wish to exercise this right, you must notify us in writing or orally within the withdrawal period at our address, VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES (UK)
LIMITED, Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5LR, or by telephoning us on 0870 0102022. The withdrawal period is 14 days,
beginning with the day after the day on which this agreement is made.
6.2 If you exercise that right to withdraw, you must repay us the Amount of Credit, and pay us the interest accrued on it, without undue delay and no later
than the end of the period of 30 days beginning with the day after the day on which you give us notice of withdrawal. The interest will accrue at the Daily
Rate of £2.07 on each clear day between the date of this Agreement and date on which the payment is received by us as cleared funds . The payment
should be sent to VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES (UK) LIMITED, Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5LR marked for
the attention of Customer Services, or you can call us on 0870 0102022 and make the payment by debit card over the telephone. Title in the Vehicle will
pass to you when you pay us these sums.
6.3 If the Amount of Credit exceeds £60,260, you will not have the right to withdraw described in clauses 6.1 and 6.2.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2023, 09:29 »
Yes you can (did it last month).  Just ring them within 14 days and say you want to withdraw from the finance.

Edit.  The daily interest is now £4 per day.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2023, 09:35 by TurboTrev »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2023, 06:44 »
Seconded, I did it earlier this year for my S3. Daily interest accrues until you exercise your "right to withdraw" from the finance. At that point they will add any accrued daily interest (I cancelled mine within 20 hours/next day, and was charged 2 days interest - the day of car collection and day of withdrawal) to your balance owed and give you 30 days to pay it off.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2023, 08:22 »
Thanks everyone

Unfortunately I can’t get the seal of approval from the other half, she can’t get over not being able to see the temperature buttons in the dark and she will be using the car a fair bit aswell. Looks like I might be waiting for the facelift model
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2023, 11:50 »
Hi clarky92,

I'm sure we'd all be interested to know what "mega price" you were offered (and what options the car had of course)

Fully understand if you don't want to divulge of course.

Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Parttimer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2023, 19:26 »
Thanks everyone

Unfortunately I can’t get the seal of approval from the other half, she can’t get over not being able to see the temperature buttons in the dark and she will be using the car a fair bit aswell. Looks like I might be waiting for the facelift model

Tell her don't worry about it, just use the screen or voice command in the dark if needed.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2023, 20:55 »
Hi everyone, after a few years away I might be coming back to performance Golf ownership. I originally ordered a Clubsport in June 2021 and like many others I cancelled due to the delays.

Fast forward and I have been offered a brand new in stock car which is 90% of spec I originally ordered for a mega price.

My question is - are you still allowed to purchase the car via VW finance to get the VW contribution and then pay the finance off within a few days/ week of ownership? I know you could do that a few years back, not sure about now?

What was the mega price / discount they offered you then?

I had 16% off total thru orange wheels (with some extra negotiation on top)my last new 7.5 gti performance  2018 contribution to finance and service pack free (I also did as described on here cost me about £3.60 total intrest)
« Last Edit: 06 December 2023, 20:57 by davo245 »
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 07 December 2023, 08:58 »
Thanks everyone

Tell her don't worry about it, just use the screen or voice command in the dark if needed.

This ^^^

Honestly it's zero problem!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 07 December 2023, 12:50 »
Climate button is illuminated then everything you need is on the main screen, I've never been able to see what all the fuss about it to be honest.

Turning a knob 0.1 seconds, pressing the climate button then adjusting the temperature 0.2 seconds. Job done.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7