Author Topic: New MK8 GTi owner saying hi with some questions  (Read 5571 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: New MK8 GTi owner saying hi with some questions
« Reply #20 on: 07 November 2023, 09:19 »
The triangle sign will be a road sign.... it recognises traffic signs and not just speed limit signs.

I think maybe you can toggle both of those off, look in the assist systems screen (use the physical button) then click on the picture of the traffic sign.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 08 November 2023, 10:43 »
Best colour  :whistle:

Its fine on E10. Nothing to be gained from spending more.

Tyre pressures are written inside of the drivers door B pillar... set them then use the menu option to record them for the pressure monitoring system to work.

No you can't make the fonts bigger.... try changing the colours around. I recommend the dark mode (black background) much easier to read and at night doesn't blind you with a big white screen!

I just use regular E10 from Sainsbury’s and give it a dose of the Shell good stuff every couple of months.

As for tyre pressures, to my shame I hadn’t checked mine since I picked the car up a couple of months back.  I checked them at the weekend and found them to be 36psi all round - the door sticker says 38psi.  So, upped the pressures, and tbh, it’s like driving a different car, so much better. And that’s on cheapo Arnold Clark fitted tyres 😉

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2023, 21:50 »
You can disable keyless entry in the menus, but its not the problem it used to be as it uses a different modern keyless system unlike the ones you see getting nicked. I wrote a big long technical write up on it on here.

No it doesn't have a tracker you can rely on. It has a thing where you can find your car with the VW app but its disabled really easily in the menus - its not a security system, just a convenience one.

Do you have a link to this please searched but can't find it.
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 10 November 2023, 11:46 »
BTW still no working compromise for UWB.... just make sure you don't have your keys too close to the car!

Offline BingVW

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 11 November 2023, 16:03 »
So done another few 100 miles and have a few more questions:-

If there a way to set the mirrors to drop when parallel parking as to not hit the curb, my 997 has an option to do this by turning the mirror knob?
Also what oil to people top up with?   

thanks

B
Mk2 16v GTi - Past
Mk2 VR6 transplant - Past
Mk8 GTi  Moonstone grey- Current
997 Turbo manual - Cobolt Blue- Current

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 12 November 2023, 20:45 »
Dipping mirror... Select the left mirror adjust switch position. Stick car in reverse. Adjust mirror to where you want it.

It will remember where you set it and then you just need to have the switch set to left before you select reverse.

After you stop reversing the mirror will go back to the normal position.

Offline Perky

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 10 December 2023, 18:35 »
Is there a way you can change the default background colours of eco and sport mode? I want to change eco to green and sport to purple.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 10 December 2023, 20:56 »
No you can only have it not change and use a single colour of your choice