Author Topic: Full Respray Cost  (Read 1141 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Full Respray Cost
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2023, 17:29 »
Talking about resprays the old saying couldn't be more apt here -

You only get what you pay for.

A top quality job using quality materials would, I think, easily be at the top end of Wills estimate.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2023, 17:35 »
It's a tricky call if you like the car and the only thing that significantly lets it down is the paintwork. Say you have a 10 year old Mk7 GTi, mechanically excellent but the paintwork is aweful, 5k+ for a full respray isn't financial good sense. I suppose it depends on if you look at your car as a daily drive/utility vehicle or a desirable drive that you just enjoy and want to keep, I guess it's emotional.

A wrap is an interesting way to go but I'd always be concerned about it's longevity, is that unfair?

Respraying the worse panels and keeping the rest original - would that work?

Wraps have a 2-3 year life span.

We really need pictures if you're looking for further advice to be honest.

If it's just faded paint you can fix it with a cut & polish, if it's a couple of deep scratches there's the possibility of wet sanding them out. But ultimately we need photos to help you more.

Talking about resprays the old saying couldn't be more apt here -

You only get what you pay for.

A top quality job using quality materials would, I think, easily be at the top end of Wills estimate.

I was quoted recently £1,600 for a single rear quarter and blend, for reference.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline JP2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2023, 18:11 »
Would the correct word be 'patina' when it comes to the look of the paintwork on a car that's ageing? I guess if the overall condition of the paintwork is uniform it can look good ie. in keeping with the overall look of the car. The problem arises if certain panels look worse that others, a classic example being a battered bonnet due to stone chips on the M25 :cry: Don't get me wrong, this is very much a niche conversation as a car is bound to get marked, scratched, fades etc if being used and not a show piece left in a garage. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who like their car looking as lovely as possible and when seeing a faded/scratch/stone chipped panel wonder what they can do about it :cry: