Author Topic: Sneaky update??  (Read 901 times)

Offline Windburner

• Just got here
Sneaky update??
« on: 29 October 2021, 12:56 »
Call me paranoid but since I got my 7.5 performance back from its second main dealer service it seems to lack a bit of “grunt”. Vague I know but the only way I can describe it. Could it be that the dealer has installed a remap/update without letting on? As far as I am aware the car only had an oil change (supposedly).

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
Re: Sneaky update??
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2021, 13:28 »
It’s funny you should say that. Mine went in for a service a couple months back and I thought exactly the same. I was suspecting some update to “improve emissions” but thought I’m probably overthinking it.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2021, 14:16 »
Not sure if it is related, but my GTD is due its service in the next few weeks and as part of that there is a recall for 'the ecu' to be done as well I was informed!
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2021, 16:43 »
I think the dealer will check to see if there are any software updates to be applied to a car when it’s back at the dealership for servicing. If there are any, then presumably these updates will be applied.

I can recall reading of cases where owners of remapped cars have had their serviced by the dealer and a software update has been applied that’s over-written the remap.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2021, 17:33 »
I can recall reading of cases where owners of remapped cars have had their serviced by the dealer and a software update has been applied that’s over-written the remap.
Happened to me with my scirocco but replacing map in this case was part of the contract.
My 7.5 had a software update to cure stop/start error. This was a tpi so presumably any software update should be listed?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 October 2021, 12:17 »
My car had its 4-year major service last week and if anything it feels like it's got a bit more go to it, but I imagine new spark plugs, air filter etc would have that effect.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.