Author Topic: Clubsport buy back  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
Clubsport buy back
« on: 13 October 2021, 23:42 »
Well after it’s 5th visit it was agreed that if it developed any more faults it would go back and be rejected.

Well 2 days later faults on infotainment returned so car will be going back.

Bonus is dealer buying it back hence why I am trying to sell the wheels

Gutted but at the same time pleased as have a few changes in life and it suits those
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport buy back
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2021, 01:37 »
Are you replacing it with another Mk8, or something else?
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2021, 09:41 »
Can you describe the faults you had?

I suspect they are "normal for the Mk8"... basically there are a raft of things it has problems with from time to time and its all software related and everyone is waiting for the "big fix"... which apparently is coming.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2021, 10:48 »
Heading straight onto the VW Used market at a £5k premium  :angry:
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2021, 13:12 »
They’re probably happy to buy it back off you with the mark ups at the moment. You’re probably better off selling it privately if you can and making the profit yourself.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2021, 13:39 »
Agree dont give them it, do a WBAC on it.

Chatting to an Indi dealer this morning, they sold 4 Audis to Sytner garage this morning for retail who are then adding their markup. They cant get the stock because people arent doing trade ins, obviously due to no new cars. The only stock coming into market is through WBAC and similar.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2021, 18:15 »
Blimey, this is tempting me to sell mine.
Just for the novelty of not having my arse ripped out in new car depreciation!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2021, 01:41 »
Below is the account I sent to VW

On ordering my car I knew from watching reviews that the MK8 was suffering with infotainment issues so asked that the car had the latest software.

I reckon within 2 days of having the car I was getting errors of systems not working when I drove away. This was not good enough but I could put up with it until service.

Then approx a month in I started to get a suspension rattle so booked it in which I had a delay as needed a car. I also asked them to check the infotainment.

Picked car up and was told it had both top mounts replaced and infotainment updated.

A few days if not a week later I noticed oil on the drive I looked underneath and all was dry then one evening after driving the car enjoyably I noticed the handling was awful to the point I nearly put it in a ditch. On closer inspection I realised the NSF strut had blown. Now I was used to be a mechanic so asked that both where changed and was extremely annoyed this should happen. I was told no.

Since then the infotainment has got worse and now crashes and reboots, cracks through the speakers and I would say that 75% of the time I am driving with at least one of the assistances not working if not all of them. But also I am 100% sure the geometry of the car is out since the suspension change as the handling isn’t on point.

Over the years I have owned multiple VAG cars and never had any issues if I have they have been minor.
This I am afraid is bloody awful.
I have had the car nearly 4 months and in my eyes I have had a vehicle not fit for purpose so I need to know before I take this further what VW and Marshall are going to do as this cannot continue.
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2021, 10:50 »
Sounds pretty typical... The suspension thing is not one hundred percent common but the other things are and there isn't a fix at all.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC