Author Topic: True Range  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
True Range
« on: 30 September 2021, 18:53 »
Would appreciate feedback on how accurate the range is based on your experience. Down to an indicated 5 miles. I’ve had no luck getting petrol due to work hours and p*ss poor forecourt open status on the retailer internet sites. How far have you travelled with an indicated range of ‘0’ miles?

2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: True Range
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2021, 19:26 »
Sorry, I've never tested it. Hope you get some tomorrow. I managed to get some yesterday at the first station I tried, some jostling on the forecourt and a limit of £30 but half a tank in. Everywhere else was closed so I was lucky.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2021, 20:50 »
Thanks Watts, might just walk to the petrol station tomorrow with my jerry can.  :smiley:
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2021, 22:20 »
Depends if it's a diesel or a petrol engine.

Did around 50 miles on 0 in Captain slow mode in my Golf, filled with over 50 liters after that.

Once did a similar thing in a Renault, started coughing at about 40 miles after 0... wouldn't start at first crank after filling... took a while to get the air out ;)

I wouldn't want to do more than 30-40 miles in a petrol or 40-50 miles in a diesel after it says 'empty'.

PS: Is it really that bad in the UK, because we've got Covid in the EU but no fuel shortages... makes me think no. 10 is making stuff up.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2021, 08:39 »
Managed to get a tank full of 99 two days ago. Hopefully that will last for 10 days or so as living in a village with no public transport makes things difficult. Might have to get the pushbike out.  :sad:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2021, 09:37 »
PS: Is it really that bad in the UK, because we've got Covid in the EU but no fuel shortages... makes me think no. 10 is making stuff up.

We have plenty of fuel. We are short of HGV drivers so some goods including fuel occasionally don't get to where they should on time. Because of that, a few garages closed due to lack of fuel and the press, probably short of any real news on the day, decided to make it newsworthy. Unfortunately that caused people to panic buy just like they did with toilet rolls and pasta at the start of the first lockdown. Just as then, the resultant chaos was totally unnecessary as there is no shortage.....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2021, 10:14 »
+1 with Watts. I blame BP's announcement last week.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2021, 10:45 »

We have plenty of fuel. We are short of HGV drivers so some goods including fuel occasionally don't get to where they should on time. Because of that, a few garages closed due to lack of fuel and the press, probably short of any real news on the day, decided to make it newsworthy. Unfortunately that caused people to panic buy just like they did with toilet rolls and pasta at the start of the first lockdown. Just as then, the resultant chaos was totally unnecessary as there is no shortage.....

Yes, you only have to tell people to buy as they would normally and not panic……………and they’ll panic!

A classic example of the media turning a non-newsworthy, non-event into a national crisis, and bringing out the worst in some people’s behaviour.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2021, 08:29 »

Yes but it's due to Brexit (no lorry / tanker drivers) and sudden panic buying (the media).
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2021, 09:04 »
I honestly haven't had an issue getting fuel, I can't believe all the fuss.