Author Topic: Mk7/7.5 - Current Prices  (Read 1003 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Mk7/7.5 - Current Prices
« on: 26 September 2021, 10:33 »
I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and noticed how crazy the prices really have gone when I saw a mk7.5 GTI with no options at all up for £32K, and an early 2014 GTI with not much on it for £20k.

I feel sorry for anyone currently trying to jump into any car, but the prices are absolutely mental now for a golf, especially when you look back 2 years ago when M3's and C63's were up at high £10's, Low £20's for average mileage examples.

Surely people can't be buying these cars!?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Mk7/7.5 - Current Prices
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2021, 10:52 »
I dare say that some dealers will be chancing their luck with their advertised prices. Some will be testing the market to see just how far they can push their forecourt prices. Some people may be prepared to pay a premium for a nearly new car rather than suffer an extremely long wait for a new factory build - I’ve seen lead times in excess of a year mentioned on the mk8 forum board for a new GTI Golf :shocked:.

With many people using some form of finance arrangement these days (PCP, lease) to fund the purchase / lease of their car, there may be more focus on the monthly outlay rather than the actual screen price. When I bought my car last year, the salesman’s opening line was ‘what is your monthly budget?’ - the actual list price of the car wasn’t even mentioned until I brought it up and moved the discussion onto available discounts off the list price. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2021, 10:59 »
Bear in mind many will be trading a car in and expecting more for their trade in.

Yeah some dealers will be extracting the Michael, but it's all relative really unless it's your first or last step on the car ladder.
7.5 GTD

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2021, 15:01 »
I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and noticed how crazy the prices really have gone when I saw a mk7.5 GTI with no options at all up for £32K, and an early 2014 GTI with not much on it for £20k.

I feel sorry for anyone currently trying to jump into any car, but the prices are absolutely mental now for a golf, especially when you look back 2 years ago when M3's and C63's were up at high £10's, Low £20's for average mileage examples.

Surely people can't be buying these cars!?

It'll calm down over time. We all know the reasons why. Just be patient I guess if you're buying.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR