Author Topic: panoramic roof....  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Duc959

• Not said much yet
panoramic roof....
« on: 22 September 2021, 12:07 »
Need some help deciding to opt this or not. Anyone have the panoroof on their car and happy with it? any issues? and is it better/improved over the mk7?

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
Re: panoramic roof....
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2021, 12:39 »
I really wanted the panoramic roof, I sat in a non pano GTD and a GTE with panoramic for comparison in 2017 before ordering my GTD.

The problem was, I’m quite tall and whilst there was head room (just), it made the car feel small and claustrophobic. I’d like to have driven one with the roof to be sure as this was in a showroom so maybe why it felt this way. I opted for dynaudio instead in the end.

Fast forward to 2021, I really wanted the roof again on the CS45, but nowhere had even a normal golf I could try to judge if it’s ok and decided not to take the risk. One salesman said that the headroom loss was more or less identical to the mk7/7.5.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2021, 13:21 »
I have a sunroof on mine and I love it, just makes the car feel lighter and airy compared to without. It will creak and groan a bit now and then, the seals will need lubricating and an eye on the drain tubes so they don't get blocked. But well worth it. Having said all that, my car was a few months old and I saved £8 or £9k on list so would I pay the £1k ish new for it? Probably.

The MK7 roof can suffer cracks in the surround as indeed did mine but they have changed the design on the MK8 which will have eliminated that issue.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2021, 14:16 »
I had it on my R-Line - I am 6'2" and had no issues with it. I loved it

Offline Lest44

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2021, 20:55 »
I’ve got the panoramic roof on my 2021 mk8 gti. The car was an ex dealer demo car so did not choose to have it, but after my mk 7.5 gti that didn’t have it it does make the car lighter and more airy. On the mk8 the controls to open or tilt are touch sensitive.  The slide open has two positions, half or full. There is a flap that pops up at the front to divert the air. Do find to stop that buffering effect you need to open another window.  It also has a sliding cover to block out the sun if necessary.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2021, 06:34 »
I am 6'3" and don't yern for a pano roof for extra head space as i find the car without a pano roof fine for headroom.  I currently own a golf r mk7 and have a mk8 on order