Author Topic: Show me your dash!!  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Show me your dash!!
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2021, 08:55 »
what's the upper temperature indication? Is it only for dsg models?

Its the gearbox oil temp as you say DSG only I believe
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2021, 10:35 »

Are you doing laps of the block?

:laugh: :laugh: No the Gte view, R View, G-meter side card, dsg temp and laptimer were not available on my dash...have it all now :wink:

Offline Dakdriver

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2021, 07:19 »

I run the standard LED setup of white in Comfort and red in Sport, although I very rarely come out of Sport, so it's red most of the time.  It does draw smiles and looks cool when there are passengers in and it goes from from white to red and I drop the right foot.  :evil:

Legend has it that there's a drive mode that makes things go blue in this setting... *shrugs* :whistle:
How do you do the set-up to change colour when changing drivung modes? Haven't been able to figure this out.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 31 August 2021, 01:30 »
How do you do the set-up to change colour when changing drivung modes? Haven't been able to figure this out.
It's done in the 'Ambient Light > Mood' section of the main menu.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 04 September 2021, 20:52 »

😊
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2021, 17:16 »
It's done in the 'Ambient Light > Mood' section of the main menu.

Hi Brocky,

I would love to change the dash colour with the different modes but I couldn't even find the ambient light function.

Can you give us a step by step pathway please?

Thanks in advance!

Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 06 September 2021, 15:33 »
Hi Brocky,

I would love to change the dash colour with the different modes but I couldn't even find the ambient light function.

Can you give us a step by step pathway please?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry, guys. Having just checked, I gave the wrong name for the menu.

Hit the main menu, go to 'Background' and you will have the preset colours - Infinity, Euphoria etc. Scroll across and there's an 'Automatic' option. That's the one you are after.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 19 September 2021, 16:56 »

I tried the automatic option as detailed by Brocky but it seemed to set the 'comfort' option as a red display so there was no change when you moved it into 'Sport'.

I'm not keen on red as my default colour so I chose this blue (with a purple hint) from the individual settings.

May have another play with the colours in a few months to keep it fresh.

I do change the right hand side to display navigation when I'm using it to replace audio, but otherwise this is my setting.

Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2021, 04:17 »

I tried the automatic option as detailed by Brocky but it seemed to set the 'comfort' option as a red display so there was no change when you moved it into 'Sport'.

I'm not keen on red as my default colour so I chose this blue (with a purple hint) from the individual settings.

I do change the right hand side to display navigation when I'm using it to replace audio, but otherwise this is my setting.
Yes, that's correct, Billsan.  The AID is blue in Eco and red in both Comfort & Sport.  What changes, however, is the LED accents across the dash and the doors.  Blue for Eco, white for Comfort and red when you switch to Sport.  I think that there's something very cool about those being white and with a quick switch into Sport, everything goes red and the car wakes up for play-time.  It'd be really nice to be able to have a GTI button on the wheel to do that, like the R has, but it's not such a big deal to hit the Mode button.

You have your AID the same as mine, setup-wise, except I use Android Auto for nav and so have the temps on the right dial instead.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2021, 09:14 »

Question for you, I show the music like you have, were you plugged in via a cable for this? I only get radio station logos not album art when I use wireless car play
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver