Author Topic: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery  (Read 8908 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery
« Reply #40 on: 02 October 2021, 10:42 »
More features work on Android than they do on Apple. Likely nothing wrong with the OBD11 you have.

That's handy to know.

So if I can use an Android phone again, when I'm trying to change the setting and it asks for a 5 digit number, any ideas what I enter here? Is there a default number to use or something?

For that 5 digit code, try 20103. It was suggested to me when trying to activate travel assist on my ID3 and I needed a code input. That code was accepted.

What are you trying to change that needs a code?

Travel assist doesn't seem to have worked, purely from the point that I have no means to switch it on via the steering wheel buttons. The bottom right button on the left hand set of buttons is where the travel assist would be. If you shine a pen torch on the area you can see the markings are there but unlit. I'm guessing I need to have a look at the steering wheel/column module to activate the button.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2024, 20:24 »
Wow, Zombie thread resurrection.

I'm amazed this doesn't get more attention from people wanting to turn off the Kamikaze mode (lane assist).

Anyway, looks like both the Golf and A3/S3 have a throttle response adjustment for OBD11 (looking at the apps rather than coding) - just wondered whether anyone had made that change and did it make a difference, or are the performance models already set to "Responsive" rather than "standard" by default.

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 01 February 2024, 10:04 »
I might take a look at this, although I’ve not been brave enough to plug my OBD11 in since the new infotainment unit was fitted and software updated 😏. I still need to turn of Lane Assist, so I might put my big boy trousers on this weekend.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 01 February 2024, 10:13 »
I might take a look at this, although I’ve not been brave enough to plug my OBD11 in since the new infotainment unit was fitted and software updated 😏. I still need to turn of Lane Assist, so I might put my big boy trousers on this weekend.

I'll give it a look too. I suspect it activates the throttle response that you see in "Sport", "Race", or on my case for the S3 "Dynamic" in all drive modes without the DSG box reverting to "S mode to hang on to the lower gears.

I was hoping to find someone that knew where it was without me having to blow 50 credits on the app now that you have to buy them. I'll have a poke around for it and see if I can find it without resorting to the app and report back.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2024, 20:04 »
Well I did the deed. Went what seemed to be the correct long coding route and it didn't take, so went on the app and spent 10 credits (could've sworn it was 50 credits last time I looked). Only been out to do the school run since, but pick up of 1st gear from a standstill without a huge amount to throttle seemed far more eager. Once moving, throttle response seemed sharper, not startlingly so.

Given the app only cost 10 credits, the method of long coding must be simple to implement if you know where you're looking.

Also activated the RS3 tail lights dance on unlocking  - very snazzy.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2024, 20:09 »
Wow, Zombie thread resurrection.

I'm amazed this doesn't get more attention from people wanting to turn off the Kamikaze mode (lane assist).

Anyway, looks like both the Golf and A3/S3 have a throttle response adjustment for OBD11 (looking at the apps rather than coding) - just wondered whether anyone had made that change and did it make a difference, or are the performance models already set to "Responsive" rather than "standard" by default.

I used obd11 some while back- to change throttle response from standard to “ responsive “

I have a manual 7.5.

If I remember correctly, it did make a difference- I liked it.

I think it made the throttle more responsive than “ sport “ but the difference was subtle ( and I’ve been wrong on this before!)

Don’t think it cost me 50 credits- I think it was 10?

Anyway, I haven’t touched it since
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2024, 20:11 »
@monkeyhanger- looks like we posted simultaneously- and your experience similar to mine.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 02 February 2024, 06:43 »
Definitely pleased I did it, jumping in the car and not cycling settings, it defaults to comfort settings, regardless of the mode the car says its in. To have "Dynamic" throttle response without having the car hold on to low gears in "S" gearbox mode seems a good result to me. I'm presuming cycling into "Dynamic" mode will see no further benefits.

The way the car seems to be running now, I no longer need to knock the gearbox into S mode to get out of a side street onto a busy main road with confidence.