Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108387 times)

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #310 on: 25 January 2022, 11:24 »
Got a call from the dealer yesterday that my predicted build week had gone out again and was now sat in May (I didn't bother to ask which week exactly).  I ordered on Feb 25th - GTi CS; Moonstone, DCC, Adelaide, HK Audio, Winter pack.  I have now cancelled the order, the salesman at the dealer has been pretty decent throughout but my complaints to higher up the organisation seem to have fallen on deaf ears, not a huge surprise all things considered.  There was no quibble whatsoever getting my deposit back (as expected).

This would have been my fourth VW group vehicle, all from new - as it is, I have managed to pick up someone else's order cancellation for a BMW M135i with an almost identical options spec, it is being delivered to me this afternoon so not all bad news.  My first BMW!  I wonder if I'll ever go back and have another VW, I really don't feel like it at the moment.

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #311 on: 25 January 2022, 13:12 »
Got a call from the dealer yesterday that my predicted build week had gone out again and was now sat in May (I didn't bother to ask which week exactly).  I ordered on Feb 25th - GTi CS; Moonstone, DCC, Adelaide, HK Audio, Winter pack.  I have now cancelled the order, the salesman at the dealer has been pretty decent throughout but my complaints to higher up the organisation seem to have fallen on deaf ears, not a huge surprise all things considered.  There was no quibble whatsoever getting my deposit back (as expected).

This would have been my fourth VW group vehicle, all from new - as it is, I have managed to pick up someone else's order cancellation for a BMW M135i with an almost identical options spec, it is being delivered to me this afternoon so not all bad news.  My first BMW!  I wonder if I'll ever go back and have another VW, I really don't feel like it at the moment.

I'm in the same position, ordered around the same time and due around the same time. The only thing stopping me canceling is I can't find anything close to the deal i've got for the Golf, so would cost me a lot more a month. No one is offering any discount or deals at the moment.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #312 on: 25 January 2022, 15:50 »

I'm in the same position, ordered around the same time and due around the same time. The only thing stopping me canceling is I can't find anything close to the deal i've got for the Golf, so would cost me a lot more a month. No one is offering any discount or deals at the moment.

I did get some discount but the deal wasn't as good as what I had from VW.  Three things changed my mind about waiting.
1. VW's predicted build dates have just been lies as far as I can tell.  My initial build week was 26, now it's apparently slipped 11 months???  How was the initial build date ever connected to reality?  I felt like I was being treated like a fool and that REALLY put me off buying a car from them.  In the end I was happy to swallow the extra cost because the BMW is a bit of an upgrade and it was a real tangible thing that I could actually take delivery of.
2. I needed a car, I fund my car payments with a car allowance from work and it's not a good look receiving the money but not having a car!  I was lucky with the BMW but I was given confidence that the car existed from when I ordered and communication about status has been amazing, totally puts VW to shame, at least going by my experience.
3. I ordered before the Edition 45 cars were even announced and it's pretty clear those cars have been given priority over the regular Clubsports.  Again, I felt like I was being treated like a fool.

I really hope you get your car soon, the waiting has been no fun at all.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2022, 15:51 by Korszun »

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #313 on: 25 January 2022, 16:05 »
It’s funny that you say they’re treating you like a fool because that’s exactly how I feel. Whenever I contact them I’m made to feel like I’m an inconvenience yet the only reason I contact them is because I get no form of update from them.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #314 on: 25 January 2022, 17:23 »
TBH with all of the Mk8 shennanigans I feel like VW are just sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

They have just withdrawn to their bunker and are hiding rather than actually talk to their customers.

Problems are problems, we all have them, but its not that there IS a problem, its how you deal with it.

This is like dealing with a petulant child  :angry:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #315 on: 25 January 2022, 19:06 »
It’s funny that you say they’re treating you like a fool because that’s exactly how I feel. Whenever I contact them I’m made to feel like I’m an inconvenience yet the only reason I contact them is because I get no form of update from them.

This was perhaps the biggest thing that prompted the decision to find an alternative car for me, even if it meant paying a little more.  I have always liked VW but this experience totally soured my perception of the brand.

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #316 on: 25 January 2022, 19:31 »
TBH with all of the Mk8 shennanigans I feel like VW are just sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

They have just withdrawn to their bunker and are hiding rather than actually talk to their customers.

Problems are problems, we all have them, but its not that there IS a problem, its how you deal with it.

This is like dealing with a petulant child  :angry:

I agree but at the moment it's not affecting them, they can easily fill their capacity with orders.  If I cancel my order, the dealer will easily be able to sell the car at the latest list price because it will presumably have a shorter lead time.  It's currently all stacked against drivers, the only option I had was to vote with my feet.

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #317 on: 27 January 2022, 23:49 »
Just landed one on a lease from a batch ordered last year by Inchape. July they are saying. I’m guessing October given our Touareg order has moved back several times.
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #318 on: 31 January 2022, 21:51 »
According to how many left only 46 clubsports were registered in Q3 last year. Can’t wait to see how many registered in Q4  :laugh:

2021 Q3   677   
2021 Q2   631   

I can’t find the CS 45 listed separately, so do these figures include the 45?
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #319 on: 31 January 2022, 22:31 »
According to how many left only 46 clubsports were registered in Q3 last year. Can’t wait to see how many registered in Q4  :laugh:

2021 Q3   677   
2021 Q2   631   

I can’t find the CS 45 listed separately, so do these figures include the 45?

CS45 is a separate item in the data on www.howmanyleft.co.uk - listed as VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI CLUBSPORT 45 TSI S-A. Figures for the ED45 below;

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl