Author Topic: Clubsport 45 reviews  (Read 6282 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Clubsport 45 reviews
« on: 23 June 2021, 17:46 »
Looks like Volkswizard and Tim Rodie will be doing reviews soon based on their twitter photos.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45 reviews
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2021, 22:31 »
That red paint looks  :cool: in bright sunlight. 👌
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2021, 07:32 »
Volkswizard: Why I won’t be buying one.

https://youtu.be/dEi3qcF0sYU

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2021, 08:43 »
Volkswizard: Why I won’t be buying one.

https://youtu.be/dEi3qcF0sYU

Hard to disagree with anything there, the power of marketing!

The armrest material change is strange, adding Dsg paddles from the R and red edged belts from the Cs-S (bucketed CS) would have been cheap interior upgrades over the regular CS?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2021, 09:08 »
I wonder if the armrest material / door cards is simply a MY22 change across the GTI range? Wouldn't surprise me. They often make little inexplicable changes like that in the new "MY" cycles.

Their marketing is all over the place tbh. Why do the 45 Seats have "GTI" logos on them when its "45" on the steering wheel. And the standard CS has no logo on the seats at all... nor a "Clubsport" badge to be found on either car. You truly need your VW anorak well fastened to keep up with the differences.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2021, 09:11 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2021, 09:32 »
Did anyone else think the standard sound of the clubsport was better than the akra? :grin:
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2021, 09:35 »
Really wanted to like the E45 and would select it over the CS for the Akra and think special grey paint? but as Volkswizard pointed out there is some strange misses? This is from a company that each year has a team of young talent produce concepts for display at Worthersee.

But having a 45 on seat instead of GTI, keeping the leather effect on the armrest, having 45 badged mats, a mention of clubsport somewhere! (If i had a clubsport i would be having the MK 7 Clubsport decals placed on the MK 8) and no power lift, not even a 20BHP one?

My TCR was displayed at Worthersee, and is quite well aligned to the concept car, and its clearly a TCR, especially if went for the TCR door graphics, the original clubsport had some identity, we all knew this was a clubsport, they may as well have stuck to the TCR as the standard offering for the MK8, and made the 45 the clubsport?

The 45 is still a great car as its a clubsport but its definitely missed the mark of opportunity on so many levels to be something a little more special - however, someone with a little bit of application and will, could do a mild transformation and correct all these misses and with the seats spend some money on a recover with the 45 decal, which yes is unlikely to be cheap, but its do able and then you have a car more looking of the special edition tag

The likely reason the 45 is mild transformation, is thats its the platform to a monster hybrid (as was expected for the MK8) E50 with real track aspirations with a standard time limited offering and limited edition, think they will really push everything into the 50 being something special, but this is VW and they likely turn it into an ID3-GTI
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2021, 09:43 »
Did anyone else think the standard sound of the clubsport was better than the akra? :grin:

My Akra was same OOTB, you did wonder what you were getting for the extra £ aside from the aesthetics as they very pretty back there and weight reduction, but as miles are put on, the note gets deeper, the pops and cracks get louder, and without much effort, you just come up to a roundabout and as DSG drops gears you get some really decent overrun and cracks.

It was only when removed parcel shelf and had seat down to move a cabinet that realised how noticeable it is to outside world as with radio on and in well cossetted cabin you can be a bit insulated from it

Think the Akra is at least £1000 over priced, but now have it would be loathe to give up, the definitely add to the car being something a little bit more as walk up to it, complete the look, and now with near 10,000 miles on clock, the sound is sweet

Not sure why having to do some miles makes a difference, hopefully someone can explain? but its a fact it does.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2021, 09:46 »

My Akra was same OOTB, you did wonder what you were getting for the extra £ aside from the aesthetics as they very pretty back there and weight reduction, but as miles are put on, the note gets deeper, the pops and cracks get louder, and without much effort, you just come up to a roundabout and as DSG drops gears you get some really decent overrun and cracks.

It was only when removed parcel shelf and had seat down to move a cabinet that realised how noticeable it is to outside world as with radio on and in well cossetted cabin you can be a bit insulated from it

Think the Akra is at least £1000 over priced, but now have it would be loathe to give up, the definitely add to the car being something a little bit more as walk up to it, complete the look, and now with near 10,000 miles on clock, the sound is sweet

Not sure why having to do some miles makes a difference, hopefully someone can explain? but its a fact it does.

My Initial thoughts were that it must be because the standard clubsport is more 'run in'. Makes sense i suppose.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.