Author Topic: Bootliner Recommendations  (Read 2266 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Bootliner Recommendations
« on: 15 March 2021, 00:20 »
Been thinking about getting a bootliner and wondering if people have any recommendations. Anti slip, and raised edges preferably. Cheers
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Bootliner Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2021, 10:04 »
I have a Novline rubber boot liner in my Polo GTI+. Much better and cheaper than those lightweight genuine VW flexible boot liners IMHO. The mat has a raised lip around the edge and raised oval dimples over the mat’s surface that do a good job of stopping items sliding around (the raised dimples have a non slip surface that you can see close up in the fifth picture (note - the liner only fits with the boot floor in the raised position though);

https://www.driveden.com/product/novline-tailored-black-boot-liner-to-fit-volkswagen-golf-mk7-hatchback-with-raised-boot-floor-201-117

At £31.99 with free delivery for the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf version, its good value compared to the official VW item (£61.50).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2021, 10:47 »
That looks good although I do tend to keep my boot floor in the lower position. Cheers SRGTD 👍

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2021, 14:38 »
Here are two suggestions, neither of which are rigid or non slip but each give full protection and I stuck a rubber mat in the bottom that does the job. I have used Hatchbag boot liners in several cars and have had one in my GTI for over two years. It provides great protection and they come customised for either raised or lowered floors. They are a precise fit and are made from heavy vinyl with cotton edges. They attach with Velcro to the boot carpet and they come with tape and lengths of Velcro for the edges.  You can buy  extra flaps that attach with Velcro to throw over the back of the rear seat to protect it too. I have one for the few times I put my dog in the boot and it keeps the seat backs clean too. They are pricey but great quality. I have one in my wife’s Q3 too. Here is the link.

https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-mark-7-hatchback-inc-r-model-2013-onwards

I have also used a similar one from Rhino that I have fitted in another car and it was good too. I prefer the Hatchbag if I’m honest.  Here’s the link.

https://rhinoukbootlinersltd.co.uk/volkswagen---boot-area-liner-5791-p.asp
« Last Edit: 15 March 2021, 18:05 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2021, 15:13 »
Cheers ceefeesh

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2021, 17:57 »
Another vote  for the hatch bag. I have it in my M7 for the last 6 years and still looks as good as new. Very handy also for chucking firewood directly into the boot and wet dogs ! Wipe clean surface. Very high quality and looks good also.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2021, 18:07 »
Sorry this was intended to be an edit.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2021, 18:09 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2021, 21:08 »
I fitted a full linear from a company called
https://www.ukcustomcovers.com/
They have couple of options. I went for the quilted raised floor version. I have a dog and it has a flap that folds out to cover the bumper so no scratches from the dogs paws. I would highly recommend it.
GTD drivers know best!

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2021, 14:41 »
I have a Novline rubber boot liner in my Polo GTI+. Much better and cheaper than those lightweight genuine VW flexible boot liners IMHO. The mat has a raised lip around the edge and raised oval dimples over the mat’s surface that do a good job of stopping items sliding around (the raised dimples have a non slip surface that you can see close up in the fifth picture (note - the liner only fits with the boot floor in the raised position though);

https://www.driveden.com/product/novline-tailored-black-boot-liner-to-fit-volkswagen-golf-mk7-hatchback-with-raised-boot-floor-201-117

At £31.99 with free delivery for the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf version, its good value compared to the official VW item (£61.50).

Thanks for this link - I've now got this in my 7.5 GTI - would definately recommend to anyone looking.  :smiley:

Also waiting for another to come into stock for my mk6 polo, lower boot floor position.

Offline Pete-r36

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2021, 23:11 »
I have a full 6 sided liner from BMW which was a dealer gift with my old M135i. Liner was far better than the car!

Not sure if VW make one but I use it in the golf and it’s fantastic, covers the seats, sides and has a zip flap which can cover the boot lip if you had a dog for example.

It’s also got a zippo lid just in case you were taking some Diet Coke and mints around the Nurburgring!