Author Topic: Cracked Panroof surround TCR  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Cracked Panroof surround TCR
« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2020, 16:48 »
Well, the GTI is finally going back in tomorrow to get the pan roof surround swapped out & a few other little niggles sorted...hopefully

Good news, keep us up to date with how it goes. Still haven't heard from my dealer, will call them tomorrow. I suspect mine is on back order :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2020, 07:54 »
Well, what was supposed to be a good day collecting the car quickly turned into a very bad day.
The pan roof surround (& a couple of other niggles) have been sorted...as I was walking to the car I could immediately see damage to the nsf door. Looks like the door has been opened whilst on the service ramp, 12" vertical deep scratch with quite a few dents.
I'm awaiting a call today from the manager to see how they propose to deal with it, I reakon it will need a few days in a body shop but should I really be accepting this on a  brand new car ?
First ever VW purchase & so far it has been my worst, if it wasn't for the fact that the car itself is fantastic then I would have thrown the keys back & just walked away...100% the worst customer experience I've ever encountered !!!
« Last Edit: 24 June 2020, 07:56 by ADC74 »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2020, 08:20 »
Welcome to the world of VW dealers. Such a shame that the generally crap ( though not all), dealer network lets the side down.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 June 2020, 08:25 »
@ADC74; that’s awful.

With that type of damage; a long vertical scratch and dents
  • it’s highly unlikely another customer parked next to your car would’ve caused it when they opened their car door.
  • workshop damage sounds much more likely.
With the amount and extent of damage, it’s highly unlikely whoever caused it wasn’t aware they had, so the fact that they didn’t tell you and they left you to discover the damage is pretty poor to put it mildly.

Does that dealer do a walk around inspection accompanied by you when you arrive at the dealers to check the car over for existing damage? The dealer I use does this, plus I take photos of my car in their car park so I’ve got evidence it’s damage-free on arrival if I ever needed to use that evidence.

Hope you get it sorted quickly without any issues. Please keep the forum updated on progress.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 01 July 2020, 23:56 »
That’s poor, you’d expect them to be honest with their error!

My experience of VW dealers is limited to date. Had the car a year, supplying dealer was great but not that close to me. I live half a mile from nearest dealer so recently had the first service with them. No issues I’ve noticed, drop off and collection fine considering the current restrictions! I’d paid for two services when I bought the car, may look around after that to see what local independent choices there are.
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2020, 21:01 »
Update...
Basically I've now rejected the car due mainly to the poor standard of the roof repair (and numerous other issues) Currently in the process of ordering a replacement which, apparently, is due into the country within the next few weeks.
The car has been reserved, just waiting on approval for the swap via VW...and this car won't have the Pan Roof, just think after reading numerous stories now & my own experience then this is an option best avoided.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2020, 08:56 »
Just to be clear, was the pan roof fixed ok (in isolation to the other issues)? Only ask as I have pan roof and a bit concerned by how frequent this has popped up as an issue lately.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline ADC74

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 22 July 2020, 17:04 »
No, the cracked surround has been replaced under warranty but the whole pan roof now sits a good 10mm below it's original position...and constantly squeaks when traveling over an adverse camber, the noise is present whilst the roof is in the open, tilt or fully closed position.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 23 July 2020, 10:37 »
Thats not good.

To be honest my car has gone back twice already, once for leaking doors which soaked the floor mats and once for door handles not returning to closed which required a respray.

I think if I get the sunroof issue it would really make me think about keeping the car.  As much as I really enjoy the car it has certainly took the shine off things and I never experienced this amount of issue with any car I have owned over the years. 

Whilst I accept there's always the chance of an issue or two, but it becomes a PITA resolving this level of issues rather than more minor ones.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 23 July 2020, 11:05 »
There have been quite a few reported on here but they must be tiny in number compared with how many are being fitted in total. Keep positive, it'll be okay :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.