Author Topic: Change Club Sport for TCR?  (Read 6969 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Change Club Sport for TCR?
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2019, 18:06 »
There’s no way I’d change a CS for a TCR. I think the TCR will become a regular trim level gti. Think it’ll be there in the Mk8 sitting above the PP. The CS or any anniversary model is a different kettle of fish.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2019, 18:33 »

Yes in Ireland
indeed it’s july delivery so 17k euro in 2.5 years is savage for sure
Problem is you are always tempted
My main thoughts are that I’m not getting a huge amount of upgrades in terms of performance in every day driving - I won’t be on a track !
so virtual cockpit and shooting rear indicators and bigger more modern nav screen ...
But you generally lose all sensible reasoning when it comes to cars !
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2019, 09:32 »
So looking for some opinions
I’ve a 2017 clubsport ( without buckets ) which is mint and I love it but I’ve an option on a pure Grey TCR with black roof and with the pan roof , pro nav , keyless and that pack that has the 19” reifnitz Matt black wheels , and also that blind spot monitoring thing and tinted windows , camera etc
The car itself is 5k euro more than the clubsport was so a bit of an increase for not s lot really but I’m still tempted but not sure if it’s worth it
Any opinions are welcome

From a residuals perspective, the Clubsport will hold value better as it's a limited production car. TCR is a run out special which isn't to say that there is anything wrong with it, I just don't think there is value in changing at the financial cost you've mentioned.

If there are things that you are missing from your Clubsport, you could always have them retrofitted. I added Apple Car Play into my CSS and am going to change the tail lights shortly to the 7.5. Sometimes a little refresh or addition of items you didn't get or wasn't available to order at the time can make a difference.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2019, 09:50 »
Yep it would certainly be cheaper to change the rear lights to the 7.5 ones !!
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2019, 13:59 »
I’ve a 2017 clubsport ( without buckets ) which is mint and I love it but I’ve an option on a pure Grey TCR with black roof and with the pan roof , pro nav , keyless and that pack that has the 19” reifnitz Matt black wheels , and also that blind spot monitoring thing and tinted windows , camera etc
The car itself is 5k euro more than the clubsport was so a bit of an increase for not s lot really but I’m still tempted but not sure if it’s worth it
Any opinions are welcome

From a residuals perspective, the Clubsport will hold value better as it's a limited production car. TCR is a run out special which isn't to say that there is anything wrong with it, I just don't think there is value in changing at the financial cost you've mentioned.

If there are things that you are missing from your Clubsport, you could always have them retrofitted. I added Apple Car Play into my CSS and am going to change the tail lights shortly to the 7.5. Sometimes a little refresh or addition of items you didn't get or wasn't available to order at the time can make a difference.

Would you mind me asking how much you’ve been quoted for the dynamic lights, I’ve found £1250 fitted but don’t have anything to compare it to.
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2019, 14:15 »
Any opinions are welcome

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163612210847

Would you mind me asking how much you’ve been quoted for the dynamic lights, I’ve found £1250 fitted but don’t have anything to compare it to.

£600  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2019, 15:21 »
I personally can’t believe anyone would spend that kind of money on lights.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2019, 15:35 »

Not the same kind of light but rather more attractive to me :smiley:, look at this beauty - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Nouveau-Arts-and-Crafts-BGH-Copper-Brass-Table-Lamp-Wall-Light-WAS-Benson/163621302492?hash=item261896f0dc:g:OAgAAOSw2CBb6Exk
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #19 on: 31 March 2019, 15:58 »

Not the same kind of light but rather more attractive to me :smiley:, look at this beauty - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Nouveau-Arts-and-Crafts-BGH-Copper-Brass-Table-Lamp-Wall-Light-WAS-Benson/163621302492?hash=item261896f0dc:g:OAgAAOSw2CBb6Exk
Made in China, probably :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16