Author Topic: British summer time and OBDeleven.  (Read 6801 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: British summer time and OBDeleven.
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2019, 17:31 »
Blimey you lot are fussy, you want the lights and wipers to sort themselves out, the car to park itself, to keep you in lane, brake itself, steer itself and tell you when you are too close to the car in front. AND set the clock twice a year! You may as well not bother and get taxis everywhere :rolleyes: :whistle: :wink: :laugh:

Of the above, I want automatic lights and wipers. And for the clock to set itself. The rest I can take or leave. But I don’t like comments from passengers who snigger that I have to adjust the clock myself when their 03 plate Corsa does it automatically. My MacBook, iPhone and PC update. So should the GTI. End of.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2019, 18:07 »
Blimey you lot are fussy, you want the lights and wipers to sort themselves out, the car to park itself, to keep you in lane, brake itself, steer itself and tell you when you are too close to the car in front. AND set the clock twice a year! You may as well not bother and get taxis everywhere :rolleyes: :whistle: :wink: :laugh:

Of the above, I want automatic lights and wipers. And for the clock to set itself. The rest I can take or leave. But I don’t like comments from passengers who snigger that I have to adjust the clock myself when their 03 plate Corsa does it automatically. My MacBook, iPhone and PC update. So should the GTI. End of.

You should count yourself lucky. I had the added inconvenience of pressing a button to open the doors this morning. I was so disgusted at having to set the clock that I was actually thinking of selling up.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2019, 18:33 »
On a more serious note does anyone know why mine offers a choice of setting the clock manually or via GPS, yet regardless which is selected you still have to set it manually? Or does that just apply to the time as opposed to the time zone?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2019, 20:29 »

It’s terrible isn’t. I had to unscrew the crown on my watch, pull the crown out once, flick the hour hand forward once, then rescrew the crown back in. A £12 Digital would probably do it for me!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2019, 21:33 »
I think the point is, the car is ram packed with technology - yet something that costs the manufacturer nothing, yet would be genuinely useful isn’t included. Yes I know it’s easy enough to change but not when you’re already driving along and suddenly notice the time is wrong. Then forget to change it when you arrive at your destination. It just becomes an unnecessary annoyance and not very VW.  Anyway rant over. If that’s my biggest gripe with the car, things can’t be bad at all. 😁

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #25 on: 02 April 2019, 11:34 »
It’s terrible isn’t. I had to unscrew the crown on my watch, pull the crown out once, flick the hour hand forward once, then rescrew the crown back in. A £12 Digital would probably do it for me!  :grin:

Would that be a ROLEX GMT Jim?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 02 April 2019, 11:37 »

Would that be a ROLEX GMT Jim?

Yes, the one click hour hand gave it away!  :nerd:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #27 on: 02 April 2019, 12:03 »

Thought so, did you know that only moves the hour hand and not the GMT hand? That function is intended for trips on aeroplanes between time zones keeping the GMT hand on local time. To correctly go forward or back an hour and keep the hour and GMT hands in sync you should stop the watch and wind the minute hand round 60. This moves both and keeps the two aligned.

I too have one in case you were wondering... Here's mine having a wash.  :cool:

« Last Edit: 02 April 2019, 19:52 by rwleigh »
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #28 on: 02 April 2019, 12:07 »
On a more serious note does anyone know why mine offers a choice of setting the clock manually or via GPS, yet regardless which is selected you still have to set it manually? Or does that just apply to the time as opposed to the time zone?

GPS (like most things military) broadcasts time in ZULU (GMT, UTC+0). So you need to apply the local time zone offset to it if you want local time... not that the military ever use local time anyway, its always ZULU, to avoid confusion in global operations...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2019, 12:16 »

Thought so, did you know that only moves the hour hand and not the GMT hand? That function is intended for trips on planes between time zones keeping the GMT hand on local time. To correctly go forward or back an hour and keep the hour and GMT hands in sync you should stop the watch and wind the minute hand round 60. This moves both and keeps the two aligned.

I too have one in case you were wondering... Here's mine having a wash.  :cool:

Snap - blue black is what I have as well  :cool: Yes, hour hand clicks back and forth for easy changing of hours - think for pilots originally. The annoying bit is a date change as have to wind it round twice to move date by one!
NOW - 330e M Sport